Fan Milk is a manufacturer and retailer of ice cream and frozen dairy products which has a leading position on the West African market. In 2013, The Abraaj Group, a growth markets private equity investor acquired 100% of the Fan Milk business in West Africa.
The successful candidate will:
- Take overall accountability for the success of the brand portfolio
- Take accountability for short-term brand planning and execution; based on the long term brand strategy
- Monitor and manage the Brand Health Indicators
- Responsible for Quarterly brand reviews, Brand plans and promotion proposals
- Develop action plans to achieve budgeted brand volumes and profit
- Review brand plans, manage marketing budget and closely monitor execution of all marketing activities relating to brand
- Gather and analyse company and market information for input into the development of the long term brand strategy
- Identify new communication opportunities and implement them by employing print, design, PR, media and advertising agencies in translating brand marketing objectives into creative communication material.
- Provide sales organization with internal information and training presentations on market, consumer behavior, brands, and new product introduction
- Develop POSM (point of sales materials), hot spot activation programs and events & sponsorships activities in coordination with Brand & Consumer Activation Manager
- Develop and implement new product launches
- Monitor product profitability and make adjustments to brand plans, where required
- Drive innovation, extension (growing the brand) and renovation (changes made to the brand)
- Anticipates potential project breakdowns, and solves them before they translate into a problem
Skills, Experience and Qualification:
- A business related degree from an acknowledged university with a minimum of 5years relevant experience in the FMCG industry
- Analytical, Numeric with a disruptive thinking/ mind-set
- Continuous improvement mind-set
- Possesses a high degree of assertiveness across cultural and educational diversity
- Good knowledge of the FMCG market.
- Insight in the Food market and market drivers
Deadline: Not Specified