Latest jobs vacancies at Bridge International
- Associate, IT Operations
Bridge International Academies is the world’s largest and fastest-growing chain of primary and pre-primary schools with more than 400 academies and 120,000 pupils in Kenya and Uganda. We democratize the right to succeed by giving families living in poverty access to the high-quality education that will allow their children to live a very different life.
Title: Associate, IT Operations | Location: Lagos | Employment Type: Full-time
About the Role
- Snakes In Toilet Bowl: How They Get In, Safety And Preventive MeasuresThe toilet is usually a safe and most relaxing place for man, going by recent events it is somewhat gradually becoming a source of worry and a death trap. Over the last couple… Read more »
- The Associate, IT Operations will ensure the provision of superior customer service throughout the business, through the maintenance, enhancement and efficient operation of IT functions.
- Additionally, the role will include responsibility for ensuring the security and integrity of IT operations and systems.
- The flexibility to work outside normal business hours is integral to this role, as is the ability to work under broad direction and minimal supervision.
What You Will Do:
- Provide the first point of IT Support contact for all Bridge staff, covering all PC hardware, software, smartphones and tablets, as well as any associated peripherals.
- Deploy computers and associated peripherals including new installations and redeployment of existing equipment.
- Install and configure operating systems and software to agreed standards under the direction of the IT Manager and other immediate supervisors.
- Maintain existing equipment to standards determined by the IT Manager, by performing upgrades, new installations and carrying out routine procedures.
- Assist in the compilation and maintenance of an accurate inventory of hardware and software, and ensure that records are kept up-to-date within the service desk system.
- Troubleshoot technical issues to resolution and/or escalate to colleagues, suppliers or partner organizations as required.
- Log all incidents and service requests in Bridge’s designated service desk system, where necessary login on behalf of Bridge staff
- Manage service desk tickets, planning and prioritizing systematically to minimize backlog and ensure operational efficiency.
- Ensure system and data security is maintained at a high standard, ensuring the integrity of the Bridge network is not compromised.
- Expedite the repair of hardware faults and software configuration problems, notifying or forwarding to the relevant suppliers in a timely manner.
- Work with colleagues to monitor the performance of Bridge systems, ensuring that issues are appropriately escalated and resolved.
- Provide technical assistance to project teams and undertake technical project roles when required.
- Demonstrate commitment to and promotion of a culture of service excellence and continual improvement within the IT Department.
- Maintain and develop excellent working relationships with key suppliers, conducting dealings in a professional and appropriate manner.
- Provide at all times a professional, courteous and rapid response to individual users.
What You Should Have:
- A Degree from a recognized university with top marks in Computer Science or a related discipline
- 1-3 years relevant IT/industry work experience
- Excellent technical knowledge of PC/Mac hardware
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems and standards
- Software and hardware troubleshooting
- Windows desktop (7/8) experience
- Microsoft Office 2010/2013 support
- Active Directory administration
- Experience working and training on a variety of IT subjects and applications
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Good research skills, including the ability to identify and propose solutions to issues/crisis
- Knowledge of Android technologies, Smart Phones, LAN and Wi-Fi configurations
- Experience working within a fast-paced environment
- Relevant Microsoft certification.
- Experience with the admin of Microsoft systems such as Exchange, Navision, IIS, or SharePoint.
- Routers, switches and firewall experience
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive.
- You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done.
- You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a startup or social enterprise.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any enterprise from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges.
- On top of that, Bridge works in often challenging, low-resource communities and runs on fees averaging just $6 a month per pupil.
- You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- Every dollar you spend is a dollar our customers, who live on less than $2 a day, will have to pay for.
- A customer advocate – Our customers – these families living on less than $2 a day per person – never leave your mind.
- You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future).
- Every decision you make considers their customer benefit, experience, and value.
- A life-long learner – You believe you can always do better.
- You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others.
- You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Snakes In Toilet Bowl: How They Get In, Safety And Preventive MeasuresThe toilet is usually a safe and most relaxing place for man, going… Read more »
- Online Photography – Simple Steps To Make Money From Digital PhotographyThe internet has an extraordinarily large number of photographic artists keen on making… Read more »