British American Tobacco | Title: Security Assistant – Northern and Middle Belt Area | Location: Kano
Function: Legal & External Affairs
Level: Experienced Professional
Appointment Type: Permanent
British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
- We are looking to hire a Security Assistant to join our team in Kano, Nigeria
- Identify key business risks in the company commercial operating environment while ensuring that measures are put in place to mitigate such risks
- Gathers intelligence from various sources, analyzing and cascading to the business for swift decision making
- Carry out and manage company investigation and timely reporting on matters such as RTAs (Road Traffic Accidents), security breach and other incidents reported within operating environment.
- Liaise with relevant government security agencies and institutions to optimally harness information gathering
- Collaborates with Marketing to ensure all activations, events and programmes are carried out in a secured environment and safely
- Monitor and report on the political and socio-economic situation of the country always and provide accurate and concise information to guide and guard marketing field force across Nigeria
- Collate data on threats, risks and other info as may be required by the Commercial Security Manager for month-end reports
- OTIF (On Time in Full) investigation and reporting of any RTAs or Incidents to the Commercial Security Manager
- Carry out Risk Assessment (SSAVA – Site Security and Vulnerability Assessment) of offices, warehouses, residences, RTM (Route to Market) and as may be required by the organization.
- Contributes to the SRM (Security Risk Matrix) and risk register updates
- Contributes to the BCM (Business Continuity Management) implementation for North and MB (Middle Belt) regions
- Be the local interface of Fleet regarding the proper use of tools of trade.
- At least 3 years of professional experience within security field, preferably in an FMCG company
- Strong market knowledge of Northern and Middle Belt areas in Nigeria
- Full proficiency in Hausa Language
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Any security certification, such as CPP, would be an added advantage
- Strong reporting and documentation skills
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Package
- Availability to travel across Northern and Middle Belt Areas, at least 40% of the time
- Valid driver’s license.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply