The British Council | Job Title: Customer Service Assistant | Location: Lagos
Pay band: 2/J
Contract type: Fixed Term Contract- up till 31 May 2024
- Customer service, operational quality and compliance assurance are critical to the business.
- Nigeria’s operating context means that risk management and contingency planning will be ongoing areas of focus.
- Developing flexible and appropriate delivery models will be critical in responding to the challenges of working across the country, post-pandemic.
- The Customer Services team represents the organisation to a wide range of our audiences, including in excess of 50,000 examination candidates each year face to face, as well as more than 120,000 enquiries by e-mail or telephone annually.
- To support the achievement of country plan objectives in Nigeria by delivering customer services and to project a professional image of British Council and provide a high quality, welcoming and efficiently integrated enquiry service for the full range of the British Council’s English and Exams activities, product and services.
- To meet customer Service Excellence standards in all inbound and outbound contacts with customers.
- The post-holder will Provide a consistent, professional, and positive customer experience in line with the Nigeria Customer Service Strategy and relevant corporate standards and polices.
- Record all forms of opportunities, customer data, interactions, and records accurately via agreed online and offline tools.
- Handle exams and non-exams information enquiries from inbound calls, and to operate telephone switchboard to satisfaction of customer.
- To acknowledge and state when answer will be provided if enquiry cannot be answered within standard period.
- To take messages in the event of a colleague’s absence and to pass them on immediately using the agreed methods
- To approach customers proactively and offer help with finding information and using resources
- To deal with first level customer complaints and suggestions to agreed standards
- To maintain close working relationship through briefings with teams about current and up-coming events and activities and the ways that they can be supported
- To assist with market testing of products and services.
- Assisting with data collection for marketing purposes.
- To regularly attend staff meetings to both, gain and impart knowledge about our customers, products, and services.
Role Specific Knowledge and Experience
- University Degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years call centre experience
- Experience working with CRM & Call management systems
- At least two years dealing with customers and enquiries within a reputable customer service environment with proven positive track record, providing service within quality standards
- IT skills and experience working with MS Word & MS Excel
- Attention to detail.
- Customer Service Qualification
- Experience in supervising a group of people to achieve a specific purpose.
- Essential Requirements- Rights to live and work in the country the role is based in.
- Postholder may be required to work on weekends and/or holidays, based on operational demand.
NGN3,841,822.00 per annum
Application Closing Date
8th May, 2022 by 23:59 Nigeria Time
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world