Latest job vacancies at
BURN is the largest vertically integrated modern cookstove company in the world, providing world-class R&D, manufacturing, and carbon offset projects from our HQ in Kenya and across 10 countries in Africa. We are working to create a world where cooking positively impacts all life on earth by producing the world’s most efficient biomass, liquid fuel, and electric cookstoves. Our team of 900 people – 51% of whom are women – is on track to produce and sell over 150,000 stoves per month in 2022 at our solar-powered facility in Kenya.
Jobs at BURN Manufacturing Nigeria Limited Recruitment
October 3, 2022
September 21, 2022
BURN Nigeria Job Title: Production and Maintenance Manager Location: Kano, NigeriaJob type: Full timeCareer level: Senior Manager/Supervisor About the Role We are looking for a production and Maintenance Manager who will… Read more here
September 21, 2022
BURN Nigeria Job Title: Finance & HR Administration Officer Location: Kano, NigeriaJob type: Full timeCareer level: Experienced About the Role We are seeking a Finance and Administration Officer who will be… Read more here
Market Intelligence Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full time
About the Role
- BURN is looking for a Market Intelligence Manager who will collaborate with and acts as the liaison with the rest of the market intelligence team including data & analytics, after-sales, market research, and the carbon asset management team (specifically the data & analytics manager, after-sales manager, carbon manager) to ensure effective and efficient delivery of quality data requirements for carbon projects, warranty fulfillment, after-sales service, and other related purposes
- This will include but is not limited to project and staff supervision staff coordination, training, field liaison, and customer support of any project assigned as project lead.
Duties and Responsibilities
- In-country data management ownership: Spearhead and own the data process management including quality control and SOP review to ensure smooth process data flow at all the stages of the product and carbon project cycle from shipment, distribution, monitoring, and audit towards successful issuance.
- Monitoring and Evaluation: Track and project-manage the data M&E requirements of any carbon project, including measuring specific social and environmental impact metrics through surveys and home observations.
- Expansion market carbon projects support: Closely working with the country manager, plan, set up data collection tools, train and co-ordinate expansion markets carbon field-related activities like feasibility studies, fuel studies and registrations, and M&E and travel within these markets whenever necessary.
- Conflict resolution: In the event of conflict or grievances arising, in the implementation of the project; the coordinator will participate in a conflict resolution process as agreed with the project team and work to help foster a culture of mutual respect and transparency within the project team and with the communities that the project seeks to serve.
- HR management: manage, supervise, and lead any field project team currently in place or recruited from time to time to execute field and data-related activities during a carbon project implementation.
- Carbon Offset Issuance: Manage a calendar of carbon project distribution, monitoring, and audit activities including field monitoring teams, reporting and documentation teams, DOEs, and BURN’s own Market Intelligence to issue carbon credits on time.
- Growth and design: The employee will assist and input in the growth and design of market intelligence function within the country including but not limited to roles in after-sales, data & analytics, research, and carbon to support the growth and expansion agenda of the organization.
- Data collection: Assist in coordination and/or actual collection and consolidation of both primary and secondary data including fieldwork and related work for the various Market Intelligence departments and Carbon department.
- Data analysis: The employee will also assist in data cleaning, analysis, and presentation towards effective and efficient delivery of the department’s mandate towards the delivery of timely data and reporting for strategic decision making.
- Project Ownership: The employee will also be expected to take lead and ownership in whichever projects they will be assigned as such.
- Creating automated data anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
- Collaborating and cooperating with IT/ERP/Data & other departments to deploy software and hardware upgrades that make it possible to leverage big data.
- Develop policies and procedures/SOPs for the collection and analysis of data.
- The employee should be hands-on, not afraid to express his ideas in team meetings, offer insightful feedback, pitch in, and take ownership of the work they are entrusted with.
- They will also be expected to travel from time to time as they may be required to, depending on the project and departmental needs.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the manager(s).
Skills and Experience
- At least 4 years of experience in data and customer service environments.
- English speaker – Excellent communicator in English
- Have at least a degree in Applied statistics/ Mathematics/ Actuarial science/ Data science/ Economics & Statistics/ Operations research
- Proficiency with at least the following data handling tools; advanced Ms. Excel
- Proficiency in database management and query languages for both structured and unstructured data.
- Experience in team leadership, cross-department functioning, and reporting/presentation to c-suite and senior management.
- Leadership: provide thought leadership in the market intelligence department and work closely with management to effectively contribute to continuously improving the department vis-à-vis, people, processes, systems, financials/costs et al.
- Management: spearhead and get involved in the acquisition and deployment of resources, planning, decision-making, problem-solving, communication, delegation, productivity, performance, and time management within the department.
- Communication: Possess a knack for effective communication to both technical and non-technical audiences in a way, that can promote data literacy within the organization, which can shine a spotlight on their contribution and make their role more visible across departments.
- Business Acumen: Possess shrewd know-how of the organization’s business model, objectives, and market position to enable them to provide answers to everyday business problems and use data to accelerate their organization’s future growth.
- Storytelling: From the data and insights, deliver timely compelling storytelling that builds a strong data narrative where stakeholders attain a new sense of understanding about the data presented and use it to support their decisions going forward.
- Critical thinking
- Product understanding
- Team player
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Qualified Female Candidates encouraged to Apply
- Burn does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training, or any other fees).