Job Title: Bursar | University of Abuja
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer and the Chief Financial Officer of the University, responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
- By virtue of his position, the Bursar should be able to coordinate, revitalize and give a boost to all financial drives in the University of Abuja strategic plan.
- The Bursar should also be able to coordinate the preparation of periodic income and expenditure, balance sheet and cash flow estimates for consideration where necessary.
- The holder of the office shall ensure that accurate records are maintained of all local and foreign assets and liabilities held by the University and be able to monitor monthly income and expenditure and balance sheet variances against the budget, among other schedules.
- He/she must have the drive to conclude the ongoing digitalisation of the Bursary and have the know-how to operate electronic finances with ease.
- In a nutshell, the Bursar should provide the University with appropriate advice and support for all of the Institution’s financial transactions.
- Candidate for the post must be visionary, have the ability to provide good leadership, possess personal integrity, and demonstrate transparency in private and public life.
- He/she must command the respect and loyalty of the University Staff and be capable of increasing the Internally Generated Revenue of the University.
- Candidate must have good honours Degree or its equivalent in Accounting or related disciplines. However, possession of a higher degree(s) is an added advantage.
- He/she must be registered with a professional body such as ICAN or ANAN, ICT-compliant with a working knowledge of relevant accounting packages, and have a minimum of twenty (20) years cognate experience.
- The position is open to individuals with skill, knowledge and capacity to soar up the finances of the University.
- Ability to broaden networks of revenue generation to improve the revenue base of the University is a basic requirement.
- He/she must not be more than sixty (60) years of age on assumption of duty.
- Successful candidate shall hold office for a period of five (5) years.
The salary and conditions of service for the Bursar shall be as obtainable in the Federal Universities in Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
25th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit thirty (30) copies of their Applications, Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of their Credentials. The Curriculum Vitae should highlight the following:
- Full Name (Surname First)
- Date of Birth
- Gender and Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- E-mail address and Phone Number
- Postal and Permanent Home Addresses
- State and Local Government
- Schools Attended and Qualifications obtained with Dates
- Positions Held with Dates
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Present employment, status, salary and employer
- Extra-curricular activities
- Names and Addresses of Three (3) Referees.
Applications should be submitted under confidential cover in sealed envelope marked “POST OF BURSAR, UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA” and addressed to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
University of Abuja,
Airport Road, Abuja.
- The Candidate should state his/her vision for the University in the next five (5) years in not more than 1,000 words.
- Applicants are expected to request their referees to forward reports under confidential cover directly to the Registrar.