Title: Business Analyst | Credit Registry | Location: Lagos
- We are currently seeking a business analyst reporting to the Chief Information Officer. This role is primarily responsible for bridging the gap between IT and the business using data analytics to assess processes, determine requirements and deliver data-driven recommendations and reports to executives and stakeholders.
- You will need to have confident communication skills, both verbal and written; the ability to be proactive and to use your initiative to resolve issues is essential, as is having a high level of attention to detail. You will work as part of a combined local and international team.
- A person who is sufficiently motivated or ambitious to work on their own initiative with minimal direction, and have excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Perform all data management duties for assigned clients using databases and IT systems, including Excel, Access, SQL, and other proprietary and third party systems
- Analyze existing SQL code to determine intent and expand upon content to address existing and future business needs
- Participate with product and development colleagues to assist in product enhancement and new product development by performing ad hoc analysis and running pilot projects
- Maintain predefined schedules for the processing of data for assigned clients to produce output for analyst review, including following up on missing information in conjunction with their supervisor
- Validate accuracy of incoming data and provide analysis to highlight unusual trends
- Complete data management duties in a timely fashion for each assigned client which are required to produce output that is worked by operations colleagues
- Ensure accuracy of results by conducting thorough quality assurance reviews on each report prior to distribution
- Undertake ad hoc analysis and reporting for internal and external distribution as required
- Act as backup for other Data Integration and Data Configuration
- Work closely with business stakeholders across the enterprise to support new product initiatives and implement business strategies
- Work closely the Chief Information Officer and the IT Team to determine root-cause solutions and system change requirements including testing and remediation validations
- Work closely with partners to ensure clear line of sight to credit data furnishing quality
- Evaluate/develop management routines to ensure credit data accuracy, completeness and integrity
- Extensive use of Excel and formula based modeling
- Executive presentations of findings to senior levels of leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or related discipline
- Recognized certification in Business Analytics
- 5+ years of experience as a Business Analyst type or related field.
- Proficiency with computer systems, data management concepts and database structures
- Advanced understanding of business process automation, SQL programming experience is required
- Detail-oriented, mathematically inclined and have the ability to work independently
- Strong writing skills and financial service experience is preferred.
Skills / Competencies Required:
This role will have significant influence over the success of our organization, thusly; we are requiring:
- Proactive and self-starting individual with “Can do attitude”
- Experience of working in the Nigerian financial or Banking industry would be an advantage
- Excellent relationship building skills, communication skills and problem-solving abilities
- Good knowledge of computers and MS Office Professional suite
- Ability to work on your own with little or no management supervision
- Integrity and discretion when handling confidential information.
Application Closing Date
31st July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online