- Job ID: 48467
- Job Sector: Banking
- Country: Nigeria
- Region/State/Province/District: Abuja
- Location: Abuja
Retail & Business Banking
- To manage and optimize value from a portfolio of SME customers
- Promote and sell a range of appropriate products and solutions that meet the financial needs of small and medium business customers.
- → Selling includes acquiring and opening new business accounts (walk-in customers and customers pro-actively approached in the local market area)
- → Cross-selling additional products & services to existing customers (walk-in customers, during pro-active telephone conversations).
- Identify sales leads for associate company stakeholders e.g. Vehicle and Asset Finance; Electronic Banking; Trade; Global Markets; etc.
- Mine existing customer data to identify expansion and/or additional business opportunities.
- Identify opportunities to migrate top-end customers to Commercial Banking.
- Providing a central (information/ query handling) service point for a portfolio of SME customers. .
- Ensure KYC documentation, regulatory compliance and control is adhered to
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in any related field
- Min 2 years of Business Banking Sales experience
- Basic Financial Analysis – Ability to interpret income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement and financial ratios.
- Business acumen – Ability to spot opportunities and optimize revenue generation for the business
- A thorough knowledge of standardised business banking transactional products and other core products relevant to small business enterprises.
- A good working knowledge and understanding of behavioural credit scoring principles and practices, including an understanding of all SME product programs
Deadline: Not Specified
About Standard Bank
Standard Bank Group is a financial institution that offers banking and financial services to individuals, businesses, institutions and corporations in Africa and abroad.
Our primary focus is the banking journey and not just our journey as a service provider, but the journey of our employees and our customers. The direction we take is based on how our customers experience our banking services, whether large corporations or individual clients. We continue to search for simpler, and more innovative ways to offer financial services that lead by need. As the landscape of economies across Africa changes, we provide products, services and platforms that continue to empower our customers, and help them grow