Job Title: Business Controller | Atlas Copco Nigeria | Job Location: Lagos
Functional area: Finance
Atlas Copco Nigeria has been established in 2009 with offices in Lagos, Port Harcourt. The Customer Center employs around 50 people and represents three Business Areas – Compressor Technique and Power Technique.
- We are looking for an experienced Business Controller to support Atlas Copco Nigeria’s business development, ensuring both efficiency and compliance with internal and external rules and regulations.
- This is an ideal opportunity for a highly motivated person with high analytical skills and this position will be based in Lagos
- You will have a key role in the control and guidance of our company’s financial results, including forecasting, analysis, and providing support to the Country Manager.
- This position reports to the Country Manager and will be a member of the Management Team
Mission as Business Controller you will:
- Raise “red flags” whenever compliance with sound business principles are at risk,
- Analyze business and financial data, in an accurate, relevant and timely manner, in order to map the performance, trends and various potential forecasts of the company,
- Drive continuous improvement in business control processes and procedures, support management and the organization with reports, analysis and tools to follow up on the business and to initiate actions,
- Be a driver and leader in training and coaching of employees to follow ” The Way We Do Things”
- Lead the forecast process and its follow-up through the Management meetings, Business and Legal Boards.
- Ensure all Corporate Governance matters are understood and coordinated in line with statutory and Group standards.
- Continue to integrate, adapt and develop the financial organization to fulfil the Atlas Copco Group financial and organizational standards,
- Ensure that financial reporting is in accordance with IFRS and The Way We Do Things,
- Lead the reporting process: validate source data and accuracy of all company scorecards in accordance with FAM and local statutory practices,
- Improve and develop internal controls to safeguard company assets,
- Overall responsibility for Accounting and Finance functions (credit management, credit control, cash management, assets management, inventories, receivables, provisions, taxes etc.),
- Practice of Business analysis and risk management. Good understanding of how to prepare financial statements and financial reporting Able to work in a fast-paced environment as a strong and influential team member Minimum 7 years’ experience in finance and business control, working with ERP systems (BPCS is an advantage).
- Good knowledge on general accounting principles, IFRS and Local statutory accounting rules- Knowledge of the Group reporting systems
- Fluency in English Knowledge of Atlas Copco’s The Way We Do Things Good command of Windows Tools specially a good working knowledge of Excel Understanding of local Finance, Accounting and regulatory practices
- Chartered accountant (ICAN, ACCA or equivalent) University degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics or equivalent. MBA is desirable
- Target and result oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Dynamic and open to change
- Good communication skills at all levels
- Team player- Strong sense of ownership, taking responsibility and leading projects to a successful conclusion
- Motivate, engage and coach your team in the organization to create lasting results
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letter and CV’s to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 25th December 2020
Passionate people create exceptional things
At Atlas Copco we believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading-edge technology enables us to innovate for a sustainable future.
We believe that people make it happen and with us you are empowered to act. Your ideas can make a real difference and contribute to the quality of life for people everywhere.
We offer a wide range of interesting job roles and many opportunities to grow. This is where it begins – Join us at the Home of Industrial Ideas.