Business Development Director – CHI | The Coca-Cola Company | Job Location: Lagos
The Director of Business Development will support The VP Business Development Africa Operating Unit (AOU)and partner with Franchise General Managers and General Manager CHI Africa Operating unit (AOU) in leading development and execution of the transformational initiatives that will ultimately deliver on the ambition of providing the first African Billion Dollar Dairy brand from CHI Nigeria, the recently acquired end to end Dairy and Juice Business.
Function Related Activities/Key Responsibilities:
The role is:
- Part of the leadership team of the Vice- President Business Development, Africa focused on transformation in the operating unit in alignment with the franchise general managers and our bottling partners. Some of this work will include
- Strengthening out bottling partnership and capabilities in Africa
- Creating an Africa strategy, including supply chain and execution fundamentals
- Develop, align and execute strategy for System Bottling Structure in Region to develop a world class Bottling system.
- Responsible for overall management of acquisition and bottling partnership change transactions
- Commercial / Franchise Management, Marketing and Strategy skills to deliver full potential plans for new and existing partners in markets and categories
- Provide critical commercial and business analyses which enable leadership decision making incl. merger and acquisition strategy for the Region.
- Responsible for partnering with Corporate and OU to identify growth opportunities and lead/execute transactions supporting those growth opportunities.
- No direct reports or responsibility of Volume/Profit or DMI in base plan. However, depending on type of project, the role may include managing acquisitions of volume (Delivery of volume and profit in collaboration with the BUs by minimizing disruptions and identifying synergies during transition to transformation initiatives – volume and profit responsibility during transformation)
- Graduate Degree
- 12+ years of experience in the areas of Business Management, Franchise Management, Commercial, Marketing, Strategy and Execution
- Business development, strategic business planning areas in FMCG or Consultancy Companies; M&A.
Related Work Experience:
Unleash Africa growth potential by transforming the business, people and communities we operate:
- Collaborate with OU and Franchise GMs to create and execute a strategy to reshape bottler footprint and reconfigure supply chain
- Develop different options/scenarios and evaluate them (strategic fit, likelihood of success etc.)
- Provide recommendation and rationale on the step-by-step as to how to proceed
- Lead negotiations and make decisions according to prescribed parameters
- Negotiate contractual terms to ensure contract reflects economics approved
- Set parameters of due diligence plan (e.g., time frame, scope, deliverables) to ensure that plan meets established deadline
- Review working drafts of Definitive Agreements and provide comments to Legal or coordinate same with outside counsel
- Existing and New Bottling Partners
- Global M&A
- External Consultants – Business and Legal
What We Can Do for You: You will be part of the Africa team where teams are the new heroes and our leaders are inclusive orchestrators. Together, in pursuit of our Company Vision to craft LOVED BRANDS, done SUSTAINABLY, FOR A BETTER SHARED FUTURE, we will:
- Leverage our BOUNDERLESS NETWORK
- Make our CULTURE Code inevitable
- Build winning CAPABILITIES
- Change the DNA of our organization to becoming ADAPTABLE
We are doing our best to create a seamless candidate experience for you as you apply for roles within the company. Due to the high volume of vacant positions, the recruitment process may take longer than usual and there may be a longer delay between application and interview. We appreciate your patience
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply