Fenix International | Job Description – Business Development & Expansion Associate | Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Team: Sales and Marketing
We are building a diverse and inclusive team and this opportunity is open to any qualified internal and external applicants. Women, candidates from Africa and those with experience working on the continent are particularly encouraged to apply for this role.
Fenix International is a next-generation energy and technology company. Our mission is to improve the quality of life of our customers through inclusive energy and financial services. Our flagship product, Fenix Power, is an expandable, pay-go solar home system financed through affordable installments from just $0.14 per day.
We use real-time transaction data to create a next-generation credit score to finance power upgrades and other life-changing loans, unlocking modern financial services for our customers. To date, Fenix has sold over 600,000 Solar Home Systems in Uganda, Zambia, Côte d’Ivoire, Benin, Nigeria and Mozambique, bringing clean, reliable power for lights, phones, radios, TV and much more to over 3 million people.
In early 2018, Fenix joined forces with ENGIE, one of the world’s largest energy companies and a leader in the move to renewable, decentralised and digital energy. This has allowed Fenix to make significant commercial investments to accelerate the path to our mission, via new markets and innovative products. Together, Fenix and ENGIE are making universal access to modern energy a reality.
The Business Development & Expansion Associate will travel regularly to states within Nigeria not yet covered by the business to tap into new markets and build strong long lasting relationships with new customers. You will demonstrate and maintain a clear understanding of customers, their livelihood, wants and their requirements with regular visits. The role will require you to supervise the setup of a new State, completing all legal requirements and develop a marketing & sales strategy. The role will also require you to complete all tenders in compliance with tender clarifications and negotiations in Nigeria. The incumbent must understand and be able to justify qualitatively and quantitatively, the basic requirements for recommendation of a location.
Responsibilities, Deliverables and Activities
- Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs
- Promote the company’s products, predicting (using gathered data on the field) and address customers’ specific needs, provided the “demand numbers” are quantifiable.
- Develop a growth strategy focused both on achieving business goals and sales team goals
Deliverables and Activities
- Initiate sales support bi-tools in collaboration with the data analyst to aid in strategic planning and decision making
- Ensure knowledge in researching market and industry trends are current and relevant
- Prepare draft sales process, policies and procedures for the Head of Sales and Marketing
- Monitor and do spot check to ensure the PPPs are strictly adhered to by the sales team.
- Initiate and prepare growth or expansion plans for review and approval
- Track daily, weekly sales and monthly trends and proffer action plans to improve sales performance.
- Work with marketing manager to build and drive Implementing an effective sales pipelines and leads tracking process
- Assist in the design of training manuals for the sales team
- Provide trustworthy information pre and post market evaluation process
- Build long-term relationships with the sales team especially the FSMs and FTLs
- In collaboration with talent, design and implement team bonding activities for the sales team
- Prepare a quarterly route plan, using empirical data from the REA Map and other dependable source of information
- Ensure tools, resources needed by the field team are promptly collated and sent for approval.
- Support the field team in local events planning such as local festivals, sporting events etc
- Support the other departments in Identifying products, talents, etc through initial market evaluation, that would appeal to potential customers in specific regions
- Cultivating positive interactions and relationships with internal departments and especially security, to evaluate strategies and outcomes.
- Provide useful information from market engagement, to provide niche customer experience and build brand loyalty.
Required Skills & Experience
- University degree in Business or a related field, MBA a plus
- 2-3 years experience
- Experience managing a CRM tool
- Superior Teamwork Skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously
- Strong Leadership and People Development Skills
- Superior Communication / Presentation Skills
- Conflict Management / Composure
- Strong Planning & Organizational Skills
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Persuasive / Sales Ability / Negotiations
- Up to 70% travel required
Highly Desired Skills
- Ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Ability to work both in teams and independently
- Critical thinking skills (ability to think outside the box)
- Good problem solving skills (solutions oriented)
- Good influencing and interpersonal skills
Please submit your resume and cover letter through the job posting at www.fenixintl.com/careers.
In your cover letter, please be sure to highlight the following:
- Why you are interested in Fenix International, and
- What excites you about this particular role.
Fenix offers a competitive salary and a fun, fast-paced and high-growth work environment. We recognize the value of diversity in our workforce, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all candidates who choose to apply, however, only those selected for a further interview will be contacted.
Application Deadline: Rolling
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply