Owens and Xley Consults – Our client in the fashion industry is looking to hire a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Officer
Location: Lekki, Lagos
- The business development officer is responsible for increasing sales and profits for the brand.
- Although this role shares some similarities with sales, it is typically more focused on finding new business opportunities and strategic business growth.
- As a business development officer, you are responsible for analyzing customer feedback and data to determine how customers are patronizing us and and then develop a strategic plan to increase new and return purchases, or discontinue under performing offerings.
- Create and maintain a proactive relationship with our clients.
- Work proactively to determine and propose our marketing needs.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
- Monitor, measure and manage our brand equity/strength.
- Derive brand understanding and support throughout the organization.
- Champion /drive initiatives that support delivery of the brand promise.
- Maintain bran identity consistency.
- Vendor engagement and management.
- Work with the CEO in creating an overall marketing strategy for the business, creating presentations as well as writing proposals and customer engagement strategies.
- Responsible for staying informed on activities that are being performed on our accounts and ensure ALL important documentation/deliverables align with overall strategy.
- Prepare weekly reports and month-end overviews of our current activities, and monthly revenue forecasts, plus plans for future business development.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable with CRM software
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify new trends and challenges
- Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies and methodologies in small business strategy, marketing, branding, etc
- Must be self-driven and proactive
- Organizational and planning skills
- Problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Effective at managing change in a fast-moving and constantly evolving business.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
N55,000 – N80,000 / month.
Application Closing Date
17th April, 2020.