Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Stamping out Slavery in Nigeria (SoTiN) is a 4-year DFID Nigeria programme which aims to change or reduce the behaviours, attitudes, and social norms in Edo State that drive or enable human trafficking. The project seeks to achieve the impact that more effective Government and non-Government institutions reduce the drivers and enablers of unsafe migration and trafficking through three components:
- Strengthened Edo State Government response to preventing unsafe migration and human trafficking: more effective and innovative use of resources – human, financial, physical, political and network assets – supports a ‘whole of government’ approach to preventing unsafe migration and human trafficking through social and attitudinal change.
- Improved coordination, innovation and quality of NGO response to preventing unsafe migration and human trafficking: better coordinated and more effective civil society tackling the drivers and enablers of human trafficking.
- A stronger evidence base for action in anti-slavery prevention, with learning platforms operating and informing policy and interventions: the use of evidence and sharing of best practices becomes embedded in ways of working, to deliver improved performance not only in Nigeria, but globally.
The consultant will conduct a desk review of 3 inception phase research reports and provide a summary of findings and recommendations. The consultant will report directly to the Head of MEL & Research and will be expected to present a final draft and report via email and/or tele-conference.
The research will include reviewing 3 report findings along the following themes and the synthesis will explore commonalities and divergence between the three report findings and recommend areas of emphasis for programming in the implementation phase:
- Socio-economic status
- Level of education
- Employment status
- Geographical location
- A draft work plan and inception report outlining timeline, refined, clarification of methodology and proposed report structure (1 day)
- A draft summary report providing answers to the 5 specific themes of the research, as well as presenting concrete recommended actions that can be taken forward by SoTiN to strengthen its programing (3 days)
- A finalized summary report as well as a final power point presentation of the findings (2 days).
6 days of full-time work carried out over a 2-week period. Final report due 20th March 2020.
- A Master’s degree in demography, statistics, management, information technology, monitoring and evaluation or related field.
- Excellent writing, conceptual and analytical skills including the ability to present complex processes and issues clearly to a heterogeneous audience and in an actionable manner.
- Demonstrated professional research and writing experience, including through publications.
- At least 5 years of directly relevant work experience in monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- Experience in analyzing and presenting data effectively for a wide range of audiences, with attention to detail and user profile.
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines
Competency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and data visualization software packages (tableau, Microsoft PowerBI or similar