Nile University of Nigeria | Job Title: Career Services Manager | Job Location: Abuja
- The Career Services Manager provides career management support to the designated students, delivering career management programmes (workshops), conducting one-on-one and small group coaching sessions, facilitating panels, engaging, and sourcing alumni volunteers.
- At Nile University, we are committed to supporting our students, ensuring students actualize their dreams, and our Career Services Manager assures each student is prepared for their job search, from personal pitches to salary negotiation.
- Instruct and coach students on career management and job search skills in one-on-one, small, and large group settings, striking the balance of empowering students to own their own job search while motivating them and ensuring accountability through that search.
- Assess and analyze student mastery of the career search process as well as student data regarding interests and targets.
- Create candidate support programs that ensure Nile graduates are equipped with the training and skills necessary to secure job offers through in-class job-readiness training & strategy (interview coaching & curriculum, resume readiness, etc.)
- Document and communicate all information relevant to a student’s job search for consistent and accurate outcomes reporting.
- Advocate for resources for University-wide career services and lead efforts to educate the campus community about the career development needs of students
- Develop and manage Career Services budgets
- Represent Career Services in policy-making panels within Student Affairs and University Committees and initiatives extending beyond Student Affairs
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure the delivery of quality services across all areas of Career Services
- Ensure that services and programs provided adhere to the required laws and ethical standards of the profession
- Represent Career Services to all constituents, including but not limited to faculty, staff, students, administrators, University trustees, alumni, employers, other University career services directors and colleagues, professional associations, and visiting guests
- Collaborate with the campus instructional team as needed, partnering with colleagues to assure overall student success and satisfaction.
- Partner with the job Search Program staff post-graduation to assure overall student success and satisfaction.
- Solicit and analyze student feedback and strategize innovations and iterations with the local instructional team and national Career Services team.
Other Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in any Management discipline with at least five (5) years of cognate experience in a consulting firm preferred
- Experience in executive search, career management, career coaching, recruiting, or student services. Experience leading small and large group workshops and lectures.
- Demonstrated track record of producing measurable results, meeting deadlines, and balancing multiple priorities and constituencies.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and credibility with external customers and multiple internal stakeholders.
- Deep commitment to customer services and a genuine interest in student and career development, with experience working with candidates/students as well as hiring partners preferred.
- Competency in the use of Microsoft office suite & HRIS
- Professional affiliation with NIM, CIPM, SHRM or CIPD is an added advantage
Application Closing Date
30th January, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.