At Caret, we are building the largest platform for high growth companies to find, vet, and hire exceptional non-technology talent and services. One way we do this is by sourcing, upskilling, and managing highly talented people (like you!) for our clients.
Job Title: Entry Level Accountant | Location: Remote | Employment Type: Contract | Team: Finance
Level: Entry level
- As part of an ongoing engagement, we are looking to hire an Entry Level Accountant for a 6-month renewable contract. This position is remote, meaning you can work anywhere! The ideal candidate will be responsible for handling bank reconciliations and similar basic accounting tasks.
What We Are Looking For
- We are looking for a detail oriented and highly organized person with basic accounting skills. You love seeing things in order, know how to balance accounts, and have experience ensuring financial records are accurate and well kept.
- You like learning new things and you’re always looking for new ways to improve processes. You can proactively troubleshoot and investigate how to address a problem, and you go beyond what you’re assigned to identify what is actually needed. You strive for excellence in all you do, and you understand the value of clear and timely communication.
A Day in This Role
Your typical day in this role will involve:
- Handling bank reconciliations and cross referencing between bank statements and supporting documents.
- Identifying accounting outliers in statements, reports, and documentation.
- Providing support with audits, fact checks, and resolving discrepancies.
- Keeping well organized records and preparing financial reports where required.
- Escalating complex requests through appropriate channels and ensuring their resolution.
What You Should Have / Be Able To Do
This role involves dealing with highly sensitive and confidential financial information. As such, a successful candidate will have experience dealing with accounting information, and have demonstrated being meticulous in this role. They also have:
- 1-2 years experience in a similar role (accounting, finance, etc.).
- Excellent writing, speaking, comprehension and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles and financial reporting best practices.
- Keen attention to details, exceptional organizing & analytical skills.
- Ability to be proactive, take ownership and take initiative.
- Tech savvy, including familiarity with tools like Google Workspace and Microsoft Excel.
- A working laptop that you know how to use dexterously.
- Bonus: a First Degree in Accounting or additional accounting certification (e.g. ICAN, ACCA, ANAN).
Compensation and Benefits
- Expected salary: N100,000 monthly
- Work remotely: Live and work wherever you like!
- Monthly data stipend
- One-off remote office set-up
- Continuous learning and development initiatives.
Application Closing Date
16th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply