Search For Common Ground | Job Location: Dikwa, Borno | Case Management Assistant
Case Management Assistant (Child Protection) – Dikwa
The Case Management Assistant supports the direct implementation of the “Supporting the Socio-Economic Reintegration of Children Associated with Armed Groups including the Civilian Joint Task Force in North East Nigeria” program through direct case management support. This will ensure an adequate case management response is delivered to select beneficiaries to support their well-being and protection.
The Case Management Assistant will work closely with all team members including the Case Management Officer, Community Mobilisers, Education Officers, Enterprise Officers, in addition to the Deputy Program Manager and Child Protection Manager
Reports to: Case Management Officer. Functional Line Manager: Deputy Program Manager. Direct Line Manager: Child Protection Manager.
Direct Reports: The Case Management Assistant will have no direct reports.
About the Project
In the past decade, states in the North East region of Nigeria have faced frequent attacks by Boko Haram militants leading to widespread displacement, violations of national laws, international humanitarian and human rights laws, and a deepening humanitarian crisis. Children, who are the most vulnerable members of society, have suffered the worst impacts as pre-existing problems of access to social protection, education and healthcare increase, new threats emerge, and the systems to protect children fails.
This project aims to ensure that children verified and separated from CJTF receive a comprehensive child protection package including counseling, psychosocial support and socio-economic reintegration, and that their communities understand the importance of their separation and reintegration. Search will work closely with the children, their families and communities, and CJTF to address the psychosocial and economic needs of the children and to influence the attitudes of communities and CJTF so they understand the negative impact of associating with armed groups on children and prevent the CJTF from using children. By increasing the resilience of children associated with CJTF and increasing their employability, this project will facilitate lasting reintegration of these children and amplify positive narratives around their role in communities as productive civilian actors and agents for peace.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Undertake case management steps to provide tailored support to children in need of protection.
- Uphold core child protection principles including best interest of the child, do no harm, and confidentiality.
- Identify and assess specific needs of the child. Develop and implement individual case plans for children taking into account social, emotional and physical needs holistically.
- Ensure regular follow-up on the implementation of the case plan for each child.
- Engage care givers, parents and other key relations of the child in implementation of case planning to ensure a protective environment is cultivated for the child.
- Provide basic psycho- social support to the child and family to support in returning to normalcy after adversity. Use a strengths based approach to promote resilience and build on positive individual, familial and communal dynamics.
- Carry out case referrals or transfers to relevant service providers as needed. Follow up with actors to ensure timely response
- Build strong relationships with service providers to understand coverage areas.
- Complete and maintain hard and soft copy case management records and ensure that they are stored in a safe and confidential manner. Experience using CPIMS (Child Protection Information Management System).
- Submit weekly and monthly case management reports.
- Support in gathering case studies as required including seeking consent and drafting the study.
- Prepare necessary financial documentation to support implementation of project activities. Ensure these are submitted in a timely manner.
- Maintain clear, professional communication with children as well as the project team.
- Perform other duties as may be reasonably assigned by Case Management Officer, Deputy Project Manager or Child Protection Manager.
- University degree or equivalent in Social Work, Psychology, Law or Sociology
- Minimum of 1 year case management experience in Child Protection.
- Experience working with Child Associated with Armed Groups
- Knowledge of types of child abuse and their impact (violence, abuse, neglect, exploitation)
Other Relevant Requirements
- Familiarity with referral pathways in and around Maiduguri
- Understanding of psycho-social support
- Experience working in emergency settings
- Experience working in different communities in Borno State
- Experience working with refugees, host communities, and other vulnerable populations
- Experience in Community Based Protection programming
- Experience using CPIMS (Child Protection Information Management System)
- Excellent analytical and writing skills
- Excellent ability to develop positive helping relationships with children and caregivers.
This position will close on 20th November, 2020
Interested candidates should send the following to our Career Portal.
a) Current resume
b) Cover Letter (which includes expectations of compensation and projected start date)
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work.
All Search Employees must adhere to the values: Shared Humanity – Empathy – Impartiality – Inclusivity – Courage – Hope – Humility – Audacity. In accordance with these values, Search enforces compliance with the Code of Conduct and related policies on Anti Workplace Harassment, Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Conflict of Interest and Anti-fraud.
Search for Common Ground does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply