Title: Category Manager | Location: Lagos | Type: Full Time | Omnibiz
- We are looking for a Category Manager to join our team! As a Category Manager at our company, you will be responsible for managing a group or category of products.
- You will also be responsible for finding suppliers, negotiating pricing and payment terms with suppliers, expanding product assortment for the categories, and managing product margins.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and analyze data and market insights
- Analyze market trends and apply this knowledge to make insightful buying decisions.
- Plan and implement long-term development strategies for product categories
- Developing procurement strategies that are inventive and cost-effective.
- Discovering profitable suppliers and initiate procurement partnerships
- Sourcing and engaging reliable suppliers and vendors.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with vendors
- Reviewing existing contracts with suppliers and vendors to ensure on-going feasibility.
- Have full ownership of category performance including forecasting, monitoring, reporting on the business, along with contributing to driving projects and trading strategy to achieve business goals.
- Lead effective negotiations with suppliers to establish joint goals, improve cost structure, and sustainably grow the P&L.
- Influence the design of the categories, as well as contribute to new product groups and improve the customer experience to deliver growth.
- B.Sc / BA in Business Administration, Marketing or related field
- At least 3 to 5 years’ experience in the FMCG industry as purchasing, supply chain management professional & Sourcing expert
- Sales and result oriented with ability to manage budgets
- Team player
- Experience in a retail or key account management environment with a proven track record of delivering results.
- Experience in category management is a strong plus.
- Strong communication skills and experience negotiating with internal and external stakeholders.
- The successful candidate must be highly analytical, self-starting and thrive in a high energy environment.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply