Job Title: Central Control Room Operator | Ref No: Production-Obajana-001 | Dangote Group
Location: Kogi, Nigeria
Job type: Full time
Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
- Monitor various sections of the production line from the Central Control Room (CCR) to ensure precision and adherence to standards in the cement production process.
- Provide relevant information and direction to Patrollers and Operators in the production line based on monitored operations in liaison with the Shift Coordinators.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in implementing DCP’s approved production plan.
- Monitor and control all sections of the plant process lines to ensure stable equipment operation, employee safety and compliance with prescribed standards and environmental regulations.
- Log in process data at specified intervals; document and report operational activities accordingly.
- Ensure smooth operation of the raw mills, kilns and cement mills by providing constant feedback and relevant guidance to Shift Coordinators, Engineers, Patrollers and Operators in the execution of field work.
- Inform Patrollers, Attendants and Operators of failures, potential failures or trouble spots and provide direction for problem solving.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot potential operating problems, either in consultation with Shift Coordinators, Engineers and the Section Head or independently when immediate action is necessary to ensure production resumes.
- Continuously review the plant automation system and make recommendations for improvement based on leading practices.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Shift Coordinator.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in chemical engineering.
- Zero (0) to three (3) years relevant work experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Working knowledge of cement production process
- Good knowledge of relevant parameters and standards applicable to cement manufacturing.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Good interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply