Latest job vacancies at Chapters & Heights Farms Limited
Chapters & Heights Farms Limited is a Large-Scale incorporated Agricultural Company with Farm Production Site situated in Abeokuta and the distribution office, located in Lagos State. The Company is involved in an integrated farming system including Livestock, Greenhouses and Plant products.
Jobs: Chapters & Heights Farms Limited Recruitment
January 4, 2023
Chapters & Heights Investment Partners Limited Job Title: Driver Location: Victoria Garden City (VGC) / Ajah LagosEmployment Type: Contract Job Description We are seeking to recruit naturally driven and result-oriented business… Read more here
Farm Production Manager
Location: Abeokuta, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are seeking a highly motivated and responsible individual with significant farming experience who will work closely with the Site Director and the farm’s facility manager on the wide-ranging tasks typical of a diversified organic farm.
- The Production Manager will take a lead role in greenhouse work, direct field work, transplanting, cultivation and harvest of vegetables for the farm.
Role and Responsibilities
The Production Manager is responsible for a working knowledge and supervisory/lead role of:
- Analyzing existing operations, crops, livestock, staff, and financial documents and recommending improvements.
- Preparing plans and schedules for planting and harvesting and ensuring staff understands expectations.
- Visiting the different divisions to inspect crops, livestock, and also perform tests on soil and water.
- Ensuring seeds, fertilizers, pesticides, and other supplies are regularly restocked.
- Scheduling repairs, maintenance, and replacement of equipment and machinery.
- Handling the marketing and sale of products produced on the farm like fruit, vegetables, dairy, meat, and grain.
- Ensuring all staff adheres to health and safety regulations.
- Assisting with the recruitment and training of new staff members.
- Collaborating with senior staff to prepare budgets and financial reports.
- Building professional networks and keeping abreast of developments in agricultural science.
- Greenhouse care; making soil blocks, seeding, potting up, watering, implementing fertility plan, pest scouting, organization, hardening off, record keeping
- Co-creating cropping plan and timeline; assisted and informed by director of operations and management team
- Field seeding & transplanting; prepping beds (rototilling, spreading fertilizer, laying drip tape), use of 6- row Jang, or Earthway hand seeder, hand transplanting
- Cultivation; variety of hand tools
- Tractor work; equipment hookup, adjustment and use (mowers, multi-purpose tool bar, rototiller, bucket loader, etc)
- Fertility analysis and implementation of nutrient management plan; assisted and informed by director of operations
- Pest management; scouting and identifying damage to crops, use of floating row cover, fencing & other physical barriers
- Harvest, wash and pack; proper handling of harvested crops in field, maintain standards of cleanliness for produce safety, attention to detail, and quality control
- Training, overseeing and motivating field crew.
- Networking and effective communication skills
- Data gathering & analysis
- Proven ability to negotiate
The Production Manager:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Animal Science, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 4 years work experience
- Additional courses in business management or administration are recommended.
- Extensive experience in a farming-related field.
- Management experience would be a plus.
- A passion for agriculture.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- The ability to make decisions in stressful environments.
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work overtime as required.
Application Closing Date
28th February, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.