Title: Chef / Housekeeper | Location: Bama, Borno | Salient Humanitarian Organization (SHO)
Salient Humanitarian Organization (SHO) is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
- Ensure the prompt service of all meals at the required times, to the WFP CWH Staff in the Guest House
- Ensure that standards relating to food and cleaning service are maintained at all times
- Manage and rotate stock to ensure food safety and minimum wastage.
- Investigate and report complaints immediately and take the agreed corrective action where service gaps are identified.
- Ensure that personal working hygiene standards meet both the Organization’s and Statutory requirements.
- Develop, manage, adhere to cleaning rotas and menu compilation
- Ensure all catering equipment in use are maintained in a safe and clean manner and report any defects.
- Report any incident of fire, loss, damage, unfit food and other irregularities.
- Fully support and participate in Organization’s Safety Initiatives.
- Provides cleaning / housekeeping / laundry services at Guest House premises
- Informs her supervisor about any issues regarding the premises (materials needed to carry out duties, malfunctioning equipment, damaged furniture or premises, etc.)
- Carry out any additional duties and any other tasks as requested by management, which are within your competency
- Adheres to the Organization’s policies and procedures
Experience & Requirements
- Secondary school education
- Two (2) years similar work experience in a Humanitarian Organization
- Knowledge of basic hygiene principles
- Should be based in Bama
Application Closing Date
4th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should please submit their Application (Letter of motivation and CV in a single file) via E-mail to: [email protected] indicating the “ position” as subject of the e-mail
Salient Humanitarian Organization,
Behind NTA Quarters, Off Damboa Road, Old GRA,
Maiduguri – Borno State.
Please clearly indicate the “ position” on the envelope.
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than five pages) in a single PDF file inEnglish.
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references.
- Applications should be addressed to: The HR.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail otherwise not considered.
- SHO considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply
- CVs will be review on rolling bases.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants SHO will only inform shortlisted candidates for written test and oral interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.