Job Title: Chief Finance Officer | Sky Capital and Financial Allied International Limited | Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Sky Capital and Financial Allied International Limited is the financial services arm of SIFAX Group. It was established as an investment firm to offer wealth creation opportunities through a unique blend of traditional investment management and alternative investment services. We enable businesses to thrive, and help our clients to maximize their returns whilst realizing their most important goals.
Sky Capital is poised to become a company uniquely equipped to achieve set out objectives and be reputable for quality research, investment expertise and value-added services with excellent customer-centric approach to clients locally and internationally. Our hallmark is to strategically position ourselves to take advantage of growth opportunities within Africa and major international markets on behalf of our clients. Our team of professionals with expertise in investment management are instrumental to business growth and establishing cordial relationships with our clients whilst attracting and retaining quality clientele.
- The Chief Financial Officer is to perform effective risk management and plan the organization’s financial strategy.
- You are expected to be well-versed in all aspects of financial management ranging from simple accounting to broad investment and banking operations. You should be an excellent leader as you will interface with almost all units in the organization.
- The major goal is to protect the company’s revenues and profits to achieve full financial control and sustainable growth.
- Ensure adequate control and accounting of all funds, including maintaining sound financial practices.
- Ensure adequate processes and procedures are in place for effective working capital management.
- Manage the liquidity of the company
- Develop realistic and ambitious plans for acquiring funds.
- Involve all concerned staff in fund raising and earned income generation.
- Establish positive relationship with all institutional funders and individual investors associated with the company.
- Ensure that all financing needed is in place at attractive rates and terms.
Asset And Liability Management:
- Meet the current and future cash-flow obligations and collateral needs, both expected and unexpected.
- Manage the risk of losses resulting from movements in interest rates and their impact on future cash-flows.
- Manage the risk from movements in equity and/or credit on the balance sheet.
- Manage the risk of losses resulting from movements in exchanges rates.
- Manage Year-end Audit Processes and the Auditors- including timely audit and report of audit.
- Ensure all official records and documents are retained; ensure compliance with federal, state and local reporting regulations, especially filing of quarterly and annual reports with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Develop tax strategies including tax planning initiatives for the group especially in the area of Company Income Tax
- Provide advice to business unit on tax implication of transaction, products and services offered by the group.
- Liaise with the Legal counsel to review tax clauses on contract/agreements with clients
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants.
Budget & Performance Management:
- Organize, coordinate, and follow up on the deliverables of all Business Units at the Performance Review Meetings.
- Conduct regular performance review on each SBU alongside with Budget.
- Co-ordinate the preparation of the annual budget for the group
- Review the reports produced by each of the business units for completeness, accuracy and correctness.
- Review the report on the analysis of the groups’ monthly financial performance
- Review and respond to request for new product and related transaction dynamics together with accounting entries and processes
- Review issues related to accounting processes & procedures (income recognition, fixed assets capitalization, prepayments amortization, accrual provision).
Leadership And People Management:
- Oversee all key elements of the Finance function including financial reporting, financial and management accounting, company tax and regulatory compliance, financial controls (budgeting, planning, forecasting, risk managements etc.), corporate finance, treasury, and the underlying management information systems utilized
- Provide strong leadership and ensure clear strategic objectives are in place
- Support the implementation and facilitation of relevant workshops and training courses
- Promote the organisation’s core values and a strong team culture
- Manage the day to day performance, learning and development of the team, including one on one feedback sessions and conduct performance appraisals
- BSc / BA in Accounting, Finance etc, MSc, MBA Finance or relevant field. Relevant professional certifications e.g. Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Association of Certified and Chartered Accountants (ACCA) or its equivalent is required
- At least 15 years post-qualification experience, 6 of which must have been spent in a senior managerial role in a financial organisation.
- Finance Acumen
- Cost Optimization
- Budgeting and financial forecasting
- Financial Analysis and Interpretation
- Financial Accounting
- Financial Management
- Business planning and analysis
- Investment planning and portfolio management
- In depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices
- Financial reporting, modelling and analysis
- Treasury management, Tax planning/management
- Knowledge of relevant Accounting software & Proficient in the use of MS Office
- Governance, Risk and Control
- Leadership and Management
- Stakeholder relationship management
- Strategy, technology and innovation
Application Closing Date
24th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Cover letter stating why they are best fit for the role to: [email protected]
Note: You are also advised to attach your updated resume/CV in PDF Format.