FinanceLagos, Lagos, Nigeria Full time
Deloitte Nigeria – Our client, a Financial Technology Company is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
- Contribute to the formation of the Business Strategy and ensure that all financial policies, procedures and systems are sound.
- Oversee the preparation of Annual Operating Plan, Business Financial Plan and Analytics.
- Ensure adequate measures are factored in to achieve business objectives using appropriate forecasting tool.
- Provide financial direction, planning and accounting to the business, covering short term and long-term financial goals.
Liquidity & Treasury Management:
- Ensure optimal liquidity is available to deliver business plan.
- Negotiate/ arrange external finance, if and when necessary.
- Review working capital/ cash flow requirement on a regular basis
- Monitor banking activities for the Company for proper running and ensure regular reconciliations of all banking transactions.
Budgeting and Financial Forecast:
- Develop plans, budgets, forecasts and financial results to guide management decisions by forecasting requirements; analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Present operating and capital expenditure budgets for review and approval.
Financial Analysis & Interpretation:
- Monitor financial performance by measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Responsible for presenting and reporting accurate and timely historical financial information of the Company.
- Responsible for capital planning and allocation as well as balance sheet optimization.
- Report financial status by developing forecasts; reporting results; analyzing variances; developing improvements.
- Coordinate financial reports within the Company.
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of Fintech financials as well as advanced business finance and performance analysis.
Regulatory & Statutory Relationship:
- Oversee the coordination and activities of independent auditors (Internal and External Auditors).
- Coordinate regulatory and supervisory functions.
- Manage relationship with regulatory and statutory bodies, i.e. NCC, CBN, FIRS, LIRS, etc.
- Review and manage the Financial Risks undertaken by the business, and demonstrats a good understanding of the risk profile of the company whilst reporting risk issues, and mitigating all identified risks.
Internal Control & Monitoring:
- Ensure adequate controls are instituted and maintained to cover all financial transactions, and safeguard financial assets.
- Possess versatile ability to handle various business applications within the Company.
- Oversee activities of employees and teams (i.e. hires, coaches, appraises rewards, motivates, discipline, etc).
- Work in conjunction with other senior management team members to set standards, priorities and schedules.
- Responsible for employee engagement within the Finance team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a Finance related field.
- Must be a Qualified/ Certified Accountant ACA/ ACCA/ CFA.
- Possession of MBA is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 12 years’ financial experience, with at least 5 years in Senior Financial Management capacity spanning Corporate, Business Planning, Revenue Assurance, Treasury Management and Accounting with excellent knowledge of Fintech Business.
- Experience in working in one of the big 4’s (Deloitte, PWC, KPMG & EY).
Application Closing Date
19th March, 2020.