Job Title: Chief Inspector
Department: Engineering & Maintenance
Reports to: Technical Director of Engineering
- Plans, directs and executes inspection standards to ensure the workmanship, material and procedures of maintenance activities complying with Air Peace and regulatory requirements.
- Supervises maintenance inspection activity for the department, ensuring that all personnel performing required inspections (RII) are properly qualified, trained, and authorized in accordance with Company procedure.
- Establishes that calibrated tools used in the accomplishment of maintenance is in suitable condition and have been calibrated within the established time period.
- Ensures there are no defective, non-conforming or un-airworthy parts installed in any component or aircraft released to service.
- Establish standards and procedures for maintenance inspection system.
- Communicates with the head of maintenance and CAA as applicable to business requirements and the progress status of the aircraft inspections.
- Monthly/quarterly planning of resources, training, and activities of quality control team.
- Resolve quality control issues relating to administration, staff escalations and deviations.
- Ensure that maintenance tasks are recorded accurately and signed for in order to maintain correct and up-to-date aircraft history /data.
- Escalate issues relating to improvement of policies and procedures. -Report incidents/accident occurrences as per company procedures. -Adhering to the company safety, health, and environmental policy.
- Assist with initial indoctrination training of new hires as requested.
- Supervise and develop quality control inspectors for improved competency/ efficiency.
Key Performance Indicators
- Quality of aircraft maintenance.
- 95% aircraft availability.
- 98% aircraft technical dispatch reliability.
- Number of incidents/accidents.
- Optimal material and resource usage.
- Team Development.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Diploma / Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical / Electrical / Aeronautical / Instrumentation).
- At least 10 years aircraft maintenance experience, 3 years of which should be as a Senior engineer/Supervisor.
- Basic License (B1/B2) plus approval on either B737 Classic, Embraer 195-E2, Embraer 145 or B777 aircraft type.
- Three years of aviation inspection experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Specialist knowledge of aircraft systems.
- Specialist knowledge of aviation legislation/regulations.
- Proficiency in computer applications and MRO system.
- Ability to interpret technical data.
- People management.
- Specialist knowledge of industrial safety standards.
- Human factors application.
- Proven integrity, transparency and accountability traits.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks without compromising quality.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Analytical thinking.
- Leadership quality.
- Customer service orientation.
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be shortlist