Peridot Forte Solutions Consulting Limited – Our client in the Banking Industry.
Job Title: Chief Risk Officer
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Chief Risk Officer will collaborate with colleagues in the Bank’s Executive and Management
- Committees in developing and executing fit-for-purpose strategies and frameworks for sustainable business growth and profitability.
- Ensure the consideration of risk in all its elements into the Bank’s strategic thought and development process.
- Develop risk assessment and monitoring policies and procedures for the operations of the Bank. This includes sourcing information, setting and on limits, and Risk Acceptance Criteria (RAC) to ensure that all existing and emerging risks are appropriately identified, monitored, and managed.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory and statutory provisions regarding risk management, prompt reporting of risk positions, and provision of advice on possible resolutions of critical issues.
- Develops, reviews, and evaluates the process of identifying, assessing, monitoring, and reporting all risk threats following the Bank’s Strategic Business Plan
- Develops and manages qualitative and quantitative reporting to senior management and the Board of Directors on risk matters, including compliance with relevant regulatory, legal, and internal requirements to support decision making.
- Continuously developing, enhancing, and embedding the risk guidelines and policy frameworks for managing all risk types effectively in compliance with all approved risk controls.
- Oversees and continuously improves the effectiveness of the Portfolio Management and Early Warning Remedial & Recovery functions of the Bank.
- Digitise the credit appraisal, loan disbursement, and credit administration functions and sustain industry best practices learning in FinTech, Big Data, machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Transform and continuously improve the Collections and Loan Recovery functions, leveraging FinTech and Big Data to improve collections and recoveries success for the Bank.
- Proactively monitors current and emerging regulatory risk issues and the changes impacting the Bank.
- Sets limits and give guidance on lending strategies and general issues around the loan book.
- Develops a Risk Awareness Culture within the Bank by equipping employees with relevant Risk Management skills, through training and mentorship in line with the Bank’s Strategic Plan and Risk Strategy.
- First Degree in Accounting, Economics, or related field and Master’s Degree with 10 years work experience of Business experience including at least 5 years experience in credit and Risk Management
- Knowledge and experience of internal audit matters in financial institutions.
- Professional certifications e.g. ICAN, RIMAN, or CFA will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven record of building and managing teams and creating an enabling environment.
Application Closing Date
6th February, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.