Department: Business Development
Employment Type: Full time
Reports To: Executive Director, Strategy & Business Development
Grade Level: Experienced
Layer3 is a fun and innovative place to work – a leader in Cloud, Security, Network and Data center solutions in Nigeria. We are one of the few companies in Africa to have attained all three global security standard certifications namely ISO 27001, ISO 27017 and PCI-DSS. We were listed by the London Stock Exchange Group’s ‘Companies to Inspire Africa 2019’ report in 2018 as well as, by Jobberman as one of the Top ICT companies to work for in Nigeria. We have a superb work culture with strong values. We are passionate about building a great company with a generation of future leaders and a team of professionals that are changing the world.
Our positive work environment inspires all Layerons to live their dreams and be the best they can be. This coupled with our passion for excellence, world class technology solutions and global partners, help us fulfil our mission which is to make our customers’ businesses more successful.
The Chief Sales Officer is primarily concerned with ensuring the integrated commercial success of Layer3. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the company to meet growth and sales revenue targets. The incumbent must combine technical knowledge of the relevant field with strong marketing and business development skills. The role supervises Layer3’s Sales, Product management and Marketing Units.
In order to support our client’s diverse businesses, Layer3 delivers world-class solutions that meet our client’s technology needs. You will be responsible for the commercial strategy and the development of Layer3 taking ownership of the customers and the customer interface with the product or service offering, making sure that all functions of the organization are aligned to meet its strategic commercial objectives. You will handle all activities relating to marketing, sales, product development and customer service to drive business growth and market share.
You will be responsible for securing short and long-term profitable business for Layer3 through proactive business development and management of Layer3 resources based on fundamental understanding of our customers’ business, operations, and objectives. You will also be expected to act with strong authority and accountability to develop the business relation and actively contribute to making customers successful.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The role objectives are:
- Team management and performance Reporting as well as financial budgeting
- Maximize customer relationship, build loyalty and eliminate customer churn.
- Develop long term business.
- Generate high value profitability sales.
- Lead & develop high performing sales teams.
- Ensure quality & profitability in delivery.
- Penetrate new markets and new customer segments.
Other duties include:
- Lead and direct the Sales and Product Development team in line with the company strategy to expand Layer3 product/services within the designated region.
- Overseeing and reporting team activities with keen supervision.
- Driving all aspects of sales activities and strategies for the company.
- Responsible for developing, managing, and implementing a commercial business plan to achieve projected sales and profitability through the generation of new business from existing and new customers.
- Responsible for managing and retaining existing customer relationships and contracts in partnership with management and sales teams.
- Actively develop client relationships at a senior level and be responsible for delivering services that meet the market requirements and offering smart solutions to secure new business.
- Developing and maintaining a valid, healthy team pipeline. Growing individual employees into effective and knowledgeable Solution Sales Professionals and Technology Solution Professionals who are motivated and committed to their customers and internal teams.
- Managing a team of Solution Sales and Product Specialists in providing technical support and guidance to our customers. This includes providing and managing customers, where required, solution design sessions and proof-of-concepts (POCs).
- Developing a resource allocation strategy that enables effective opportunity engagement.
- Participating in Business Review meetings with key clients.
- Provide leadership, guidance and support to the sales, product and marketing team; train and motivate staff; develop appropriate succession plans.
- Hiring qualified individuals with high potential to succeed.
- Growing and maintaining healthy customer relationships.
KEY SKILLS ACQUIRED
- Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes
- Professional training – Sales and partner management, complex sales training, sales methodologies, broad evangelism through events (presentation skills), effective marketing tactics, negotiation, financial analysis, business process management and automation.
- Sales – previous experience leading technical and non-technical sales teams with quotas/targets
- People – people management and professional skills development of employees; hiring, development and attrition experience with teams; readiness and career plan development.
- Organization – experience in successfully implementing new organization models including change management aspects.
- Understanding and knowledge of various Layer3’s OEM partners and competitor products is a big plus.
- Leadership skills, particularly as they relate to managing strategic issues such as revenue growth, competitive challenges, technology trends and other issues impacting Layer3 and customers.
- Ability to engage at C-level.
- Continued progress in cultural shift (humility, stewardship, customer satisfaction and an entrepreneurial mindset).
- Combination of business acumen expertise and technology knowledge to understand how customer business issues impact their IT environments.
- Coaching direct reports in pipeline management, opportunity management, and planning.
- Facilitating/encouraging cross-team account and resource planning.
- Hiring high potential employees who align with current requirements and can grow into future requirements and roles.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer/Electronics/Communications Engineering, Business Administration or Computer Science (MBA preferred)
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in an Executive Commercial Management position in the IT Industry
- An extensive track record in Sales within the IT business
- Experience working in the African market.
- In-depth understanding of market research methods and analysis
- Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mindset.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- On-call availability
- Willingness and ability to travel as required.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
If you want to become a Layeron send your CV to [email protected] and we will contact you if your qualification meets the description of any job opening
Application Closing Date