Job Title: Clearing and Forwarding Officer
- Obtain accurate Check List and check all documents to avoid errors, identify missing documents, and/or identify potential issues. Opening of form M / LC Application to import.
- Handling timely order execution & documentation like Pre & Post shipment documents.
- Manage customs documentation for clearing and forwarding.
- Liaising with accredited clearing agent for the clearing of goods at destination Apapa, Tin can island, and airport as the case may be.
- Liaising with the shipping company on all issues with consignment.
- Administering import procedures and documentation and effective liaison with Nigerian Customs / Logistics.
- Managing demurrages, port charges within specified norms
- Managing the seamless movement of the consignments to the destination.
- Liaising with Port authorities & customs officials, monitoring compliance to regulatory requirements, and maintaining requisite papers & documents.
- Coordinating with Port Authorities for various requirements connected to the vessels handling at the ports.
- Renewal of relevant licenses for all company imported listed items and should be conversant to the procedures
- To get duty assessment in one day after Pre- Arrival Assessment Report PAAR and rotation number is allotted.
- To follow up with approved clearing agents to ensure timely clearance.
- To apply and get refunds shipping & container deposits etc.
- To be able to organize fast track clearing for the group.
- To prepare daily progress report and send to Head Office before the close of the business.
- Any other assignment that may be given from time to time by superior officers.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline. A Master’s degree is a Plus.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in a Clearing & Forwarding Company in Nigeria.
- Proficiency in international documentation, LC, Shipping processes, bill of lading.
- Previous experience working with customs brokers, forwarders, and international partners
- Must have Operational knowledge of the ports and government agencies.
- Must have knowledge of proper clearing and haulage documentation for imports.
- Must have appropriate knowledge of inspection agents, Banks, shipping companies, and Terminals.
- Must have knowledge of the customs and Excise HS Code and Explanatory notes.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to prioritize tasks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (primarily Excel and Word)
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
N100,000 / month.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.