Title: Clearing and Forwarding Officer | Location: Lagos | Type: Full Time | Sujimoto Group
- We are currently seeking to engage a Clearing & Forwarding Officer to join our logistics team.
- We need an individual who can multitask and is able to accomplish tasks well.
- An individual who is able to manage all import and export functions from pre-shipping, shipping to delivery of consignment.
- An individual with in-depth knowledge of cargo clearing processes and the ability to deliver under pressure and budget effectively.
- Obtain accurate check List and check all documents to avoid errors, identify missing documents, and/or identify potential issues.
- Opening of form M / LC Application to import.
- Handling timely order execution & documentation like Pre & Post shipment documents.
- Manage customs documentation for clearing and forwarding.
- Liaising with accredited clearing agent for the clearing of goods at destination Apapa, Tin can island, or airport as the case may be.
- Liaising with the shipping company on all issues with consignment.
- Administering import procedures and documentation and effective liaison with Nigerian Customs / Logistics.
- Managing demurrages, port charges within specified norms.
- Managing the seamless movement of the consignments to the destination.
- Liaising with Port authorities & customs officials, monitoring compliance to regulatory requirements, and maintaining requisite papers & documents.
- Coordinating with Port Authorities for various requirements connected to the vessels handling at the ports.
- Renewal of relevant licenses for all company imported listed items and should be conversant to the procedures.
- To get duty assessment in one day after Pre- Arrival Assessment Report PAAR and rotation number is allotted.
- To follow up with approved clearing agents to ensure timely clearance.
- To apply and get refunds shipping & container deposits etc.
- To be able to organize fast track clearing for the group.
- To prepare daily progress report and send to Head Office before the close of the business.
- Any other assignment that may be given from time to time by superior officers.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline. A Master’s Degree is a Plus.
- Minimum of 3-5 years cognate experience in a Clearing & Forwarding Company in Nigeria.
- Proficiency in international documentation, LC, Shipping processes, bill of lading.
- Previous experience working with customs brokers, forwarders, and international partners.
- Must have Operational knowledge of the ports and government agencies.
- Must have knowledge of proper clearing and haulage documentation for imports.
- Must have appropriate knowledge of inspection agents, Banks, shipping companies, and Terminals.
- Must have the ability to handle customs and shipping companies for imports, temporary importation, and Exports.
- Must have knowledge of the customs and Excise HS Code and Explanatory notes.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to prioritize tasks.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (primarily Excel and Word).
- Ability to work independently and not be micromanaged.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Application Closing Date
27th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: To apply, when the page opens, scroll down and located “Clearing and Forwarding Officer” to apply