Title: Client Analyst – Client Coverage (Chinese Segment) | Standard Bank
ID: 52487 | Sector: Banking | Country: Nigeria | Region/State/Province/District: Lagos | Location: Lagos Island
Conduct on-going research and analysis to enable the Relationship Managers to fully understand the clients’ business, context, and identify potential business opportunities for the bank.Interpret the research findings and analytics. Make recommendations regarding potential opportunities or risks so that the Relationship Manager is able to proactively identify solutions or mitigate commercial risks
Conduct Chinese Client and industry research and analysis
- Conduct research on clients, their business, operations and performance, as well as trends in their specific industries and provide recommendations, risks, analysis and marketing opportunities (CST feedback) at the request of the Managers: Client Coverage.
- Ensure that the client information is updated in all the relevant information systems.
- Maintain a proficient knowledge of products, services and capabilities across the bank (in all relevant geographies and sectors) by Leveraging research products and Learning Academy offerings.
- Collaboration with Africa China Banking Centre team to ensure timely client request delivery
Develop and compile Client relationship management reports
- Analyse information and compile reports and dashboards regarding sales activity and business pipeline that will provide the Managers: Client Coverage with analysis that can be used to inform their account management plans.
- Support Client Coverage Managers with regard to Client Service Team (CST) Management. This will result in well organised CST meetings with input from and attendance by relevant CST members.
- Interact and liaise with clients with the purpose of providing or requesting information, to assist in the deal execution and/or gathering critical information for the bank. Provide ongoing assistance to Managers: Client Coverage in the implementation of the agreements.
Manage, compile and analyse client information
- Ensure that the client information is updated in all the relevant information systems, and when outdated, liaise with clients to gather the updated information. Update client information that can be used for analysis and marketing purposes.
- Compile and analyse reports on client profitability, product profitability and provide input to the budget planning and performance management process.
- Ensure updated and accurate information that can be used for budget planning or performance analysis.
Support the Credit Process
- Support Managers: Client Coverage in the credit process including credit applications, PCC (paper preparation), excess management, and compliance related issues to achieve zero write-off of debt, zero operational loss issues and other relevant workflows between credit and coverage.
- Assist in conducting an efficient credit process.
- Ensure understanding of, and adherence to, all relevant regulatory compliance requirements.
Assist in the enablement of Chinese Client Deals
- Review client base for potential High Risk clients on an ongoing basis.
- Develop and prepare credit paper for submission to the Pre-Credit Committee (PCC) in conjunction with the Manager: Client Coverage.
- Develop and prepare appropriate documentation to complete annual credit review in conjunction with the Manager: Client Coverage by sourcing and providing the necessary documentation, analytics and insights of the client.
- Complete routine Portfolio Management and ad hoc project activities.
- Act as escalation point for any identified risks to Manager: Client Coverage.
- Ensure consistent client deal enablement at required standard.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or business related field.
- A post graduate business degree will be considered an advantage.
- 5 to 7 years in the Banking, Financial Services or Business Consulting.
- Experience in conducting research and analytics, supported by strong computer proficiency skills.
- Fluent Mandarin speaker (preferrably first generation Chinese from Mainland China)
The job holder should as a minimum have the following traits / abilities and personal characteristics
good verbal communication
- Ability to express ideas, analysis, findings, formulate recommendations
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Ability to handle, manage and resolve conflict within the unit and across the Debt Solutions Division
- Good numerical ability
- People management skills
- Team player
- Ability to retain optimism despite setbacks
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply