International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) is a global technology and innovation company headquartered in Armonk, NY. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 400,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. IBM offers a wide range of technology and consulting services; a broad portfolio of middleware for collaboration, predictive analytics, software development and systems management; and the world’s most advanced servers and supercomputers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cloud & Cognitive Software Leader (West Africa)
- At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
About Business Unit
- IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally.
- These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships.
- This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM:
- What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
- Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
- Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain relationships with the highest levels of customer management across executive, line of business, IT, and procurement
- Articulate IBM Software strategy and solutions as a means to deliver business value in support of the client’s strategy and direction
- Develop and close the multi-brand, complex opportunities including planning and leading negotiations with customer management and procurement
- Maintain and orchestrate detailed account-specific plans and strategies, and ensure accuracy in forecasting and opportunity management
- Knowledge of the industries and clients, and a proven track record of successful software sales experience with major clients
- Credible presence in front of senior executives, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of IBM industry and software solution offerings, and the ability to position these with executives and key partners
- Commercially minded and capable of supporting end-to-end sales engagements including contract negotiation with the ability to think, plan and act strategically.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- At least 10 years’ experience in IT Software sales in West Africa territory
- Experience and proven track record
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Refer to JD.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Additional Information / Notice
- For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
- IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status