Job Title: Commercial Analyst | APM Terminals | Location: Lagos
Job Type: Temporary
APM Terminals is the global terminal operating arm of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group. APM Terminals operates a Global Terminal Network of 76 operating port and terminal facilities and 117 Inland Services operations in 59 countries around the globe.
- Ensure fact-based understanding and presentation of local market (supply and demand & utilization), local customers and hinterland, capabilities vs competition, switching costs across the competition, market rates levels (in a compliant manner), and service provided vs the competition.
- Translate that into a robust Value Proposition – overall for the terminal and then further tailored for each commercial opportunity.
- As a part of the Operating system, gather and translate Market Data using “Standard Work” from the Global Commercial Function into clear Commercial Choices.
- Develop quantitative models to facilitate fact-based decision making and quantitative input into commercial proposals.
- Support the Commercial department with both qualitative and quantitative intelligence, analysis and visualisation to assist with strategic planning activities.
- Perform market, competitor, trending and benchmark studies to include sales comparable data.
- Provide support to the Commercial department in terms of screening opportunities, and managing deal flow.
- Analyze Commercial data to disseminate customer insights.
- Collect and consolidate data in respect of sales potentials.
- Identify current and future market trends, providing the business with key insights contributing to both short and long-term strategy.
- Collect data on competition market information including new product/services, pricing intelligence etc.
- Support preparation for Sales commercial meetings with the customer.
- Maintains market intelligence database.
- Prepares reports, including charts and graphs, and presents recommendations for action plans to management.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations for customers and management.
- Manage market communications.
- Develops and assists in conducting surveys to analyse customer patterns, preferences, and the organization’s image and marketing effectiveness.
- Deliver information on KPI’s and standard set of reports, including sales, to inform and update with market research and relevant findings.
- Support Commercial budgeting, Commercial dashboard monthly reviews and forecasting.
- Review contracts, analyze terms and conditions, provide reminders for contract renewals, extension, cancellations and other required notices.
- Perform day to day administrative tasks required within role.
We Are Looking for
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of market research methods, tools & techniques to design appropriate research studies.
- Interest or affinity with shipping, transport, logistics industry.
- Advanced analytical skills, including the ability to extract, compile and analyse data.
- Excellent communication skills, exceptional attention to detail.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with the aptitude to deal successfully with multiple priorities concurrently.
- Advance knowledge of MS Office products.
- Exceptional customer service focus and positive attitude.
- An open and engaging company culture with a strong emphasis on values and team-based leadership.
- An ambitious environment setting the standard for worldwide terminal productivity: APM Terminals is awarded several times for being the ‘Port operator of the year’, for being innovative and for strong safety standards.
- A truly international working environment.
- Great career opportunities in a global and multicultural company.
Application Closing Date
17th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply