Job Title: Commercial Manager, Alternative Fuels
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: DCP – Operations
- Sourcing for sustainable supply of commercial and industrial combustible wastes.
- Develop and implement AF mapping – sourcing of commercial and industrial wastes
- Self-generate and qualify leads from variety of negative cost AFRs (like expired chemicals, classified documents/bills /bank notes, grains and agro-waste from food processing companies and national reserves, products from FMCGs) for which Dangote will be paid to co-process safely.
- Carry out market intelligence, investigate various product life cycle and anticipate key business development opportunities, while ensuring a sustainable market development (production, collection, disposal)
- Together with the AF Project manager and the Plant AF Champion determine if the waste can be, and how to safely co-process the waste.
- Determine the appropriate value of exchange for co-processing the negative cost waste and negotiate same to ensure maximum value is derived by Dangote for co-processing the waste.
- Constantly update the commercial and industrial waste stream, import and exchange good practices regarding waste co-processing.
- Update self with the evolution of hazardous and non-hazardous waste available globally and determine availability of same locally, depending on the prevailing manufacturing operations in various countries. Investigate and share latest co-processing options to safely dispose both hazardous and non-hazardous wastes.
- Obtain, and if not available, derive product MSDS regarding all industrial and commercial wastes to the plant team for study and analysis to determine possibility to co-process and the inherent environmental, health and safety risks.
- Carry out Risk Mapping to:
- Make the mapping: material, geo-location, distance to plant, directory, contact person, assess available quantity – per week/month, season-production capacity along the year
- Identify other consumers of this waste (Where, Who, Why, and what it is used for, if they are buying it, etc.)
- Ensure good customer orientation and excellent stakeholder management (Govt., Environmental agencies, etc.)
- Build AFR sales pipeline by developing and optimizing sales activities of commercial activities regarding AFRs
- Make daily – weekly – monthly planning and reporting of commercial activities regarding AFR
Education and Work Experience:
- Degree in Economics, Environmental, Chemical or Process Engineering.
- Master in Business Administration (MBA) will be an added advantage.
- Experience in Alternative Fuels field, with minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar function/position in a cement plant.
- Knowledge of Waste management.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing processes and recoverable wastes.
- Knowledge of Materials life cycle and end of life use.
Skills and Competencies:
- Negotiating Skills.
- Marketing & Customer Service.
- Fluency in English.
- Effective Communication and Interpersonal relations.
- Numerical Analysis.
- Private Health Insurance.
- Paid Time off
- Training and Development.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online