Schneider Electric | Job Title: Commercial Tender Engineer – Process Automation |Req ID: 006T11
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Categorie(s): Customer Projects & Services
Schneider Electric – As the Global Specialist in Energy Management™ and market leader in industrial automation and software. Schneider Electric enables people to experience and transform efficiency where they live and work; from home to enterprise, across the grid and the city. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the Group brings a world where innovative individuals use collaborative solutions to make the most of their energy, while using less of the common planet.
- We are currently seeking a talented Tender Engineer/Bid Manager/Proposal Specialist to support our Control & Safety and Telemetry business streams within the Process Automation (PA) business unit in our Lagos office.
- Working as part of the Customer Success Team, the Tender Engineer holds a critical position within the Northern Europe & Sub Saharan Africa ( NESSA ) Hub and will have the proven ability to analyse outline scope requests as well as complex RFQs and prepare costing and offer documentation consistent with bid strategy.
- The Tender Engineer will have accountability for all technical, financial and commercial content, managing contributing resources to meet tight deadlines to develop a winning bid aligned to an agreed strategy.
- Manage a multiple workload to meet required deadlines
- Own the total response for all assigned PQQ’s, quote and tender submissions
- Analyse RFQ, formulate bid plan, engage required resources and manage contributor deadlines
- Prepare costs and offer documentation in line with process and business tools
- Ensure compliance with SE company and local business standards and procedures
- Support the Opportunity Leader during customer negotiations, as required
- Engage with internal departments to allow timely quote handover, post order receipt
- Report against assigned workload, highlighting issues and actions taken to resolve
- Willing to perform additional duties, as required, to support the Tendering function
- Preferred University degree-Engineering / Business related
- 5 years experience in similar field with technical know-how in engineering with a plus for electrical background
- Proven experience within a Technical Tendering role coupled with good knowledge of project execution and management.
- Good working knowledge of DCS / Safety / PLC / Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) applications.
- IT literate with good working knowledge of common MS Office applications in addition to MS Teams and Planner and Sharepoint.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply