Job Title: Communication/Campaign Manager | WEWE | Location: Nigeria
Terms of Reference (TOR) For Communication/Campaign Manager:
Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE) a women led, faith based non-governmental organization is soliciting for a short-term one position of a combined Communication Officer/Content Editor and Online Strategist officer to provide communication and media advocacy services to support activities to stem community spread of COVID-19 in for a ‘Urban WASH Civil Society Response on COVID19’ an intervention under USAID Effective Water Sanitation and Hygiene Services (E-WASH Program).
Period of Performance
- Six (6) Months
The objective of this program are as follows:
- Strengthen Federal Government and partner states’ COVID-19 prevention campaigns and strategies through strategic communications and advocacy.
- Deepen partnership with national and local media to increase access to quality information and leverage digital technologies to fight the pandemic.
- S/he will assist to develop content and edit key messages to influence behavior change towards de-stigmatization of COVID19 Survivors for Radio jingles/ TV advertorials, social media banners and newspaper cartoons and editorials on Email, whatsapp, SMS.
- S/he will assist in developing content and editing bi-weekly newsletters and short messages on COVID19 interventions on Email, whatsapp, SMS.
- S/he will assist facilitating translations of content into local languages such as Pidgin, Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba.
- S/he will assist in developing scripts and content for 30-secs TV advertorial.
- S/he will assist to editing and reviewing the simple languages for Multimedia presentations, cartoons, educative videos to be run on social media platforms and broadcast media.
- S/he will assist to produce radio jingle and TV promotion/social media promotional materials to promote key messages on reducing fake news through Africa Magic (Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa), Radio, TV, Facebook, Youtube, Instagram, LinkedIn, Bill boards.
- S/he will assist to develop story line, edit and review cartoon characters or scripts for cartoon strips and short educative illustration on risk communications and hygiene promotion.
- S/he will assist in developing and online communication strategy and campaign using blog, tweeter, youtube, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Bill boards.
The reporting line
The Communication Officer – Content editor and online strategist will report to the Communication Manager
Minimum Position Requirements:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Mass Communications or English or a relevant field
- At least 2 – 3 years’ experience communication and media advocacy particular in developing and content editing and online strategy development
- Experience working on USAID funded or International Donor funded project communication is an added advantage
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should send their comprehensive curriculum and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) explaining their suitability for the job to this email address: [email protected]
Application Closing Date
August 14, 2020.
Applicants can also visit www.weweng.org for the full requirement and job description for the position. Please indicate the title of position applied for in the subject line of the email.
Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees. Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.
Kindly Note: While we thank all applicants for showing interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Applications will be reviewed in batches on a first come, first serve basis. WEWE reserves the right to conclude this recruitment process when a suitable candidate is selected.