Job Title: Community Manager | Yaba, Lagos, Nigeria | Co-creation Hub
Full-time | Connal Road, Yaba, Lagos, Nigeria
Co-creation Hub is Africa’s leading technology innovation ecosystem builder on a mission to accelerate the application of science, technology and social capital for economic prosperity across Africa.
Our mandate is to build a formidable innovation ecosystem with a deeply rooted network, cultivating strategic partnerships and practical industry know-how that can support entrepreneurs and innovators in building thoughtful, relevant and scalable solutions. From our locations in Lagos, Abuja, Ijebu Ode (in Nigeria), Nairobi (Kenya) and Kigali (Rwanda), we have built a vibrant community of over 81,000 people and counting and have supported to a portfolio of over 120 early-stage ventures including Lifebank, Ushahidi, Riby, BudgIT, Stutern, Kopo Kopo, Sendy, mFarm, Wecyclers and many more.
We are recruiting on behalf of our portfolio start-up, Findworka (findworka.com).
Findworka is hiring for the role of a community manager who is influential among developers, understands startup growth and can maintain relationships with partners.
1. Talent assessment and management
- Develop and implement strategies for onboarding developers with different skill sets.
- Form and manage relationships with niche talent communities.
- Transform our dev-onboarding experience – From onboarding, vetting to grading. How can we make Findworka the best platform for developers who want full-time or contract opportunities?
2. Community engagement
- Lead all our efforts in reaching out to the developer community in Africa starting with Nigeria.
- Thought leader, ready to speak at events about different issues relating to programming and the broader tech community.
- Engage effectively with our audience via different channels (social media, radio, television etc.).
Saucecode is our community engagement project and platform. The website (beta stage), saucecode.xyz would host discussion, gigs and hackathons.
- Our candidate will join the management in planning the next Saucecode events.
- Manage our relationships with all the other stakeholders i.e sponsors and partners.
Our Ideal candidate
- understands technical recruitment and can identify great talent quickly.
- has the right attitude, natural team player.
- is a brilliant planner, loves strategy and executes diligently.
- genuinely loves interacting with developers.
- has ideas on how to transform Findworka’s image within the developer community.
- has some experience engaging developers at a tech/start-up/dev-related first job and manages their public persona well.
- writes well and speaks well.
- has a decent exposure.
- wants to be part of a fast-growing start-up and wants to build a rewarding career with us.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply