Company Secretary at Ave Maria Multipurpose Investment Limited (AMMIL)
Job Title: Company Secretary | Location: Owode, Atiba Local Govt – Oyo | Ave Maria Multipurpose Investment Limited (AMMIL)
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Field: Layer for Company Secretary
Duties and Responsibilities
Company Secretary job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Maintaining current awareness about company law;
- Providing legal/financial advice during and outside of meetings.
- Implementing procedural/administrative systems;
- Administering pension schemes and share issues;
- Dealing with company/staff insurance policies;
- Managing contractual arrangements with suppliers/customers;
- Financial and HR administration;
- Keeping a register of shareholders and liaising with them on behalf of the company.
- Writing reports;
- Collating information;
- Providing support to committees and working parties such as the Board of Directors, etc;
- Handling correspondence before and after meetings;
- Convening and servicing annual general meetings (AGM)/meetings (producing agendas, taking minutes; conveying decisions, etc.)
- Managing office space/premises/property.
Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Company Secretary job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- A Degree in Law is preferable. A degree in Finance, Governance or Business and Administration may be considered.
- Training and induction of non-executives and trustees,
- Management of employee benefits such as pensions and employee share schemes,
- Insurance administration and organization
- Negotiation of contracts,
- Risk management
- A good head for numbers
- Interest/knowledge in company law
- Excellent communicator
- Strong attention to detail,
- Ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Professional, tactful, hardworking and extremely well organized.
- Ethical, diplomatic and independent – you’ll often act as a board confidante.
Benefit and Packages
We offer an attractive remuneration package and opportunities for career and personal development.
Application Closing Date
10th September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate(s) should send an email containing their CV with the position applied for as the subject of the email to: [email protected]
Note: Please note that shortlisted candidate(s) will be invited for an interview via SMS and Telephone Call(s).