Title: Compliance / Internal Auditor | Location: Abuja | Africa Youth Growth Foundation (AYGF)
Africa Youth Growth Foundation (AYGF) is a regional Non-Governmental Organization in Abuja for youth growth, development and empowerment, with a mission of building an African society through constructive engagement with stakeholders expand opportunities for self-development and realization among the youth.
- The incumbent will support the Executive Director to deliver on the compliance and internal audit functions of AYGF, ensuring that all programs are fully compliant with AYGF’s and its donors’ rules and regulations.
Internal Controls and Compliance:
- To monitor program’s adherence to AYGF procedures and policies in relation to Supply Chain, Finance, HR and Programs as set out in relevant AYGF manuals and guidelines.
- To be familiar with relevant donor rules and regulations in relation to Supply Chain, Finance, HR and Programs as set out in grant agreements.
- To be aware of AYGF and donor fraud and anti-corruption policies, and lead the effective communication of these policies to staff and partners/sub-grantees.
- To prepare, based on risk assessment, and agree with the ED an Internal Audit plan.
- To lead on the implementation of internal audits at both the HQ and field office(s) based on the agreed Internal Audit plan, with particular emphasis on:
- Transaction testing.
- Cash management.
- Float transaction testing.
- Program trainings.
- Asset management.
- Atock keeping.
- Human resources management.
- General donor compliance.
- To review and report on the adequacy and effectiveness of AYGF’s internal policies and procedures, assessing the extent to which these controls offer adequate protection against error, fraud and loss of all kinds.
- To review and report on the extent to which those internal policies and procedures are complied with, including conducting walk-throughs and tests that systematically assess whether systems and controls are operating as per policies, procedures and donor regulations.
- Where weaknesses in controls or application of controls are identified, to recommend action to remedy the situation to the ED and ensure appropriate reporting to risk owners to ensure support for remediation and also to support enterprise risk management.
- To produce weekly activity reports to the ED. Ensure timely escalation of significant findings or knowledge/suspicions of fraud, waste, and corruption to the ED.
- Conduct any ad-hoc internal audit and compliance investigation assignments as requested by the ED. Support AYGF staff to enhance their knowledge, understanding and consistent application of its and donor policies.
- Document any obvious successes, useful practices, and challenge/learning areas for the purposes of institutional learning.
- Misconduct Allegations and Investigations
- Contribute to investigations on a case by case basis.
- Undertake investigations of alleged fraud, waste, financial corruption, ensuring objectivity, impartiality and fairness throughout investigative processes in accordance with best practice and international investigative standards.
- Prepare reports and ad hoc briefs pertaining to investigations in coordination.
Training and Prevention:
- Act as focal point for AYGF and donor fraud and anti-corruption policies and lead effective communication and training of these policies to staff.
- Coordinate and support training and workshops to AYGF staff in collaboration with SCMUL and HR on ethics and compliance.
- Carry out regular spot checks in all AYGF field offices and, as required, sites of direct implementation.
- Ensure a robust and comprehensive complaints mechanism is put in place to receive complaints and respond in a timely way to allegations related to fraud, waste, or corruption.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance.
- At least 5+ years finance experience with a minimum 3 years in Audit and Compliance.
Skills / Competencies:
- Experience working with NGOs, in the development / humanitarian or public health sector, with knowledge of donor rules and regulation.
- Good interpersonal and team building skills and knowledge of participatory approaches.
- Fluency in English. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel in remote and conflict affected areas.
- Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, and punctual.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility, adaptability, culturally sensitivity, sense of humor.
Application Closing Date
29th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications, with a Cover Letter not more than one page specifying motivation for the application and addressed to “The Human Resource Manager, Africa Youth Growth Foundation (AYGF)”, to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.