Title: Compliance Monitoring Manger | Location: Lagos | Full Time | Guinness Nigeria
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness. Our purpose – Celebrating life, every day, everywhere – has an important role in our company, for our people, our diversity, our brands, in how we perform and how we create shared value.
With revenues of over £12 billion, at Diageo, we’re proud to be the leading beverage alcohol company in every region of the world. But our collection of iconic, timeless brands – including Baileys, Guinness, Smirnoff, and Johnnie Walker – relies on a dynamic and passionate finance team. Working with us is an opportunity to develop your skills, make a positive impact on our performance and protect an entrepreneurial legacy.
As a FTSE 100 company with global scope and ambition, there’s a huge range of activity to get involved with – everything from investor relations to accountants, risk analysis, compliance and business development. There’s always a chance to make a real impact on interesting, diverse projects, and what’s more, our global reach creates opportunities to work in a number of countries and in some of the fastest-growing markets.
At Diageo, character is everything. So if you share our sense of adventure, you’ll have the chance to learn a huge range of skills and disciplines, and build an exceptional career with us.
About the role
The purpose of the role is to embed a culture of Business Integrity in the business. It serves to liaise with Global Business Integrity team to implement global initiatives in the market including roll out of the annual e-learning and Annual Certificate of Compliance (ACC) as well as the Pathway of Pride (POP) initiative. The holder of this role should continually seek opportunities to further strengthen our Compliance and Ethics (C&E) efforts in the market as well as monitor the effectiveness of these programmes. It should also provide specialist compliance advice.
- Ensure the breach management process is working effectively working with key functional stakeholders including the legal, human resources, policy owners/Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and Global Business Integrity.
- Proactively identify and manage compliance risks across the organization
- Design and deliver an effective awareness and communication programme to employees and business partners on all compliance and ethics matters
- Drive compliance with and embedding of global policies, local market policies, and relevant external regulatory compliance working through process owners and functional/site C&E Champions.
- Drive the delivery of the annual e-learning and Annual Certificate of Compliance (ACC) declaration, the POP event as well as monthly compliance initiatives at the functions/site.
- A degree in Economics, Law, Business, or Finance although applicants from other disciplines are also actively encouraged to apply.
- 7 Years post-qualification experience
- Experience in Data Analysis, Research & Risk management would be an advantage
- Experience in policy governance & compliance as well as strong knowledge of internal controls is an added advantage
- Interpersonal relationship building skills PC literate but particularly MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Outlook
- Problem solving and analysis.
- Proven ability to manage projects and facilitate business change
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is in itself inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, gender, disability, religion or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
Character Is Everything
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply