Job Title: Compliance Officer | Location: Lagos | Cainergy Group
Report to: Head, Governance, Risk and Compliance
Cainergy Group – We offer a streamlined approach that aims to solve the significant challenges faced with new and ageing assets in industries worldwide.
We help our clients optimize the performance and functionality of their assests ensuring minimum downtime and overall alignment with all applicable standards, codes and regulations through our custom Asset Integrity Management Solutions.
Job Objective / Purpose of Job
- Works with Head, Governance, Risk and Compliance to ensure the company functions in a legal and ethical manner while pursuing its business goals.
- The Compliance Officer also addresses corrective action taken by management to address compliance deficiencies, including assisting management with implementation of corrective action when necessary and conducting follow-up reviews to determine the adequacy and effectiveness of action taken.
Job Duties / Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Assess company operations to determine compliance risk.
- Develop and review company policies on compliance.
- Advise management on the company’s compliance with laws and regulations through detailed reports.
- Create and manage effective action plans in response to audit discoveries and compliance violations.
- Regularly audit company procedures, practices, and documents to identify possible weaknesses or risk.
- Ensure all employees are educated on the latest regulations and processes.
- Resolve employee concerns about compliance.
- Any other related task assigned.
- Higher National Diploma / Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a Finance related field.
- Minimum of 5 years accounting or audit experience.
- Knowledge of accounting software like sage, quickbooks pastel is an added advantage.
- IOC experience is preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel (Intermediate)
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data.
- Strong attention to detail.
Application Closing Date
19th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Applications Letter to: [email protected] with the job position as subject title.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.