Job: Compliance Officer| Reports To: Finance Manager |Role Location: Lagos |Development Alternative Incorporated (DAI)
Employment Status: Corporate Staff
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct audits of processes and controls, including Operational, Regulatory Compliance, and Financial Audits
- Ensure enhanced operational and financial reporting of all projects’ activities including analysis of key business elements
- Support in the financial reporting processes within DAI in Nigeria
- Provide financial management support to new and existing projects
- Investigate and report on adverse/ unusual budget trends.
- Coordinate and liaise with external auditors to ensure external audits and financial reporting processes are efficient and effective
- Assist with financial reporting and reconciliation during project close-out
- Evaluate systems and processes to identify opportunities for improvement
- Ensure efficient utilization of DAI’s financial software system.
- Conduct periodic internal reviews and risk assessment.
- Develop and maintain compliance review strategies, plans, initiatives and processes.
- Assist in managing DAI’s quality management systems in DAI
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or similar discipline. Possession of an accounting certification; ACA, ACCA, CIMA is required.
- 3 – 5 years of experience in internal audit and financial management. Relevant experience within an International development organization or NGO will be an added advantage.
- Strong knowledge of accounting, budgeting techniques, financial control practices and reporting.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and the ability to work with modern accounting software (e.g. SAGE, QuickBooks, Peachtree, etc)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Qualified candidates should apply by visiting the Careers page at www.dai.com no later than
DAI will only contact candidates that are successful at this pre-qualification stage. More information about DAI can be found on the DAI website; www.dai.com
Application Closing Date
30th October 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply