Job Title: Compliance Officer | Rigo Microfinance Bank | Job Location: Lagos
We deliver unequaled financial services through well trained and friendly workforce; helping individuals meet their financial goals and supporting micro, small and medium enterprises to grow.
Note: Applicant must reside within Ibeju-lekki environs. Specific locations include Ajah, Sangotedo, Awoyaya and Lakowe.
You will be responsible for ensuring our business operations and procedures comply with regulations (industry, legal or legislatives, social-cultural or communal, global best practice or engage in any activity that may advent event that threatens the going concern of the Bank) and internal policies. In this position, you will perform a range of duties including evaluating all current and new compliance regulations, reviewing company processes, and leading training sessions. You are expected to be an excellent communicator, with in-depth knowledge of the latest industry procedures and regulations.
- Develop and implement company policies and regulations.
- Oversee all business operations relating to compliance including policies, investments, and procedures.
- Design and monitor control systems to deal with violations of legal rules and internal policies.
- Regularly assess the efficiency of control systems and recommend effective improvements.
- Review and evaluate company procedures and reports to identify hidden risks or common issues.
- Coordinate with different department managers to review all departmental compliance policies.
- Perform periodic audits on company procedures and processes.
- Lead employee training sessions on legal and compliance issues.
- Evaluate the efficiency of controls and improve them continuously
- Draft, modify and implement company policies.
- Collaborate with corporate counsels and HR departments to monitor enforcement of standards and regulations
- Assess the business’s future ventures to identify possible compliance risks
- Review the work of colleagues when necessary to identify compliance issues and provide advice or training
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of the company as well as evolving best practices in compliance control
- Prepare reports for Board of Directors, senior management and external regulatory bodies as appropriate.
- Monitor this industry for new regulations, notify and train this bank on such.
- Design and develop compliance policy manual, annual plans and reports.
- When compliance problems arise, conducts investigations to discover the roots of the issue.
- Consults with company secretaries, legal advisors and other professionals on compliance matters.
- Reviewing and assessing potential fraud activity and developing fraud detection tools.
- Filing regulatory reports and other documentation.
Application Closing Date
Nov 25, 2020
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.