Job Title: Consultant – Program Assistant | Jhpiego
Reports to: Project Director
Duration: 4 months (Between October 2020-January 2021)
Career Category: Program / Project Management
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
- The Program Assistant (PA) will provide day-to-day support for project and office operations to ensure smooth running of all programmatic functions of the project in the assigned state.
- The Program Assistant will help manage the administrative, financial, logistical and programmatic tasks required for Jhpiego programs. This includes assisting with program administration including scheduling meetings, preparation or editing of program reports, and power point presentations.
- The PA will work with Finance department to arrange logistics for all Program activities and draft correspondence to partners, NGOs and other agencies as requested.
- The PA will maintain files and support the dissemination of project information among the project team and schedule and support visitors and meetings
- She / he will assist with drafting, editing and proofreading of technical materials and appropriate reports of program activities and results for technical leads and supervisors as requested.
- She / he will work collaboratively with other project team members to ensure necessary project planning, resource availability and management activities function smoothly and efficiently
- Provide administrative support in the design, implementation and monitoring of project activities.
- Order training materials in coordination with the Program team leaders and ensure that training materials and supplies reach training sites in a timely manner.
- Responsible for recording and disseminating program meeting minutes.
- Ensure that required technical and administrative reports are submitted in a timely way.
- Assist with organization of meetings, field visits, and other activities.
- Assist with maintaining the management calendar and keeping it up-to-date.
- Assist with gathering technical updates for program planning, training, components of evaluations and other studies on related programs.
- Assist in preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual work plans.
- Assist with other programmatic and administrative duties as required.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Business administration, Public health or related field, or equivalent job experience.
- 2-3 years’ of experience in programmatic support of international health projects.
- Experience in a similar position is highly required.
- A broad variety of programmatic, administrative, financial, and computer skills (including Word Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access), which may need to be acquired through very quick learning.
- Experience in coordinating USG funded projects and familiarity with international donor policies and administrative procedures.
- Proven track record of working with a project team composed of technical experts, program, and finance staff.
- Fluency in verbal, written and interpersonal communication in English.
- Fluency in any local language in the project State will be an advantage.
- Proficiency in writing and editing letters, reports, and documents.
- Ability to coordinate information and logistics for programs and activities.
- Good team player.
- Ability to interact skillfully and diplomatically with numerous counterparts such as networks of senior-level health professionals, donors, universities and other partners.
- Comfortable with a team approach to programming and the ability to manage several major activities simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
Application Closing Date
10th October, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application letter and a CV as One Single Word document to: [email protected] using the “Position and Location” as the subject of the email.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- The title / subject of your email and application should be the position / Location you are applying for.
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview. Please note that any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.