Job Title: Cook | Job Identification: 807 | The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) | Location: Jos, Plateau
Job Category: Other
Generic Responsibilities (max 10)
- These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work- and Professional Development Plan.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Promote and share ideas for improvement
- Perform according to the work and development plan
- Prepare meals for staff in the office and guest house as required.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen and kitchen utensils at all times.
- Ensure a hygienic cooking environment and preparation of meals in a hygienic manner
- Purchase and preserve food items for preparation of meals.
- clean (metal) fixtures and fittings and wipe down glass surfaces in the kitchen
- Empty and clean trash containers and dispose of trash in a sanitary manner, clean the sink and maintain cleanliness of kitchen towels.
- These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Operate cooking cleaning/cooking equipment
- Maintain all cleaning/cooking equipment and materials in a safe and sanitary working condition
- Prepare meals for the staff in the guest house and visitors as required
- Keep all dishes washed ,and tidy after meals
- Clean the fridge, cookers, microwave and wall tiles regularly
- Monitor the use of replaceable kitchen utilities and report for timely replacement
- Prepare a daily/weekly menu for meal preparation planning
- Dress the table and serve meals in a professional way
- Ensure a balanced diet in meals prepared i.e a combination of Carbohydrates, proteins and vegetables.
- Prepare specified meals on request by staff on a diet
Generic Professional Competencies:
- Experience from working as service support staff in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Some knowledge of English
Application Closing Date
12:15 PM; 18th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply