Title: Corporate Lawyer | Location: Ologolo Road, Lekki, Lagos | Carter Tech Development Limited
Carter Tech Development Limited is a building and construction company and we are currently looking to recruit a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position above.
- We require the service of a Legal Manager to serve as an in-house counsel and handle all complex legal matters.
- The preferred candidate must have experience in a similar industry and ensure the legality of commercial transactions and advise the company on legal rights and duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of legal documents and contracts
- Managing the delivery of legal advice and services to the business
- Negotiating of acquisition documents including options; contracts for sale and development agreements, etc.
- Negotiating construction contracts
- Assisting the embedded network business
- Reviewing of sales contracts and marketing material
- Liaising with internal and external groups around taxation, FIRS, insurance and other regulatory matters
- Assisting in managing internal precedents and legal knowledge updates and training
- Working with the external legal panel for the delivery of services
- Other related duties as assigned by management
- A Bachelor of Laws (LLB) and a current practising certificate
- Approximately 4 years’ post-call experience, either within private practice or in the public sector (including court associateships)
- Previous experience in property development obtained in either law firm or in-house environments
- Experience with joint venture and project finance transactions will be considered advantageous
- Demonstrated knowledge of development-related disputes and litigation will be desirable
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- High developed commercial acumen
- Advanced organisational skills and diplomacy
Application Closing Date
7th February, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Title as the subject of the email.