Job: Corporate Salesperson – Rates and Currencies (C11/C12) | Citibank Nigeria Limited | Location: Lagos
Job ID: 20223954
Job Function: Institutional Sales
Employee Status: Regular
CitiBank has been doing business in Nigeria since 1984. The bank formerly operated under the name Nigeria International Bank Limited, but was renamed to Citibank Nigeria Limited (Citi Nigeria) in 2008 to fully align with Citi’s global brand and identity. The bank has a strategic business focus in Nigeria specializing mainly in Corporate Banking and servicing
- Ensuring that coverage benchmarks are met for assigned customer names
- Nurture client relationships. Support RMs to devise and develop treasury based solutions to meet corporate clients’ needs
- Ensure Citi remains in the dominant position in the market by leveraging on the Citi brand, product depth and professionalism
- Focus on the ecommerce business with a view to embedding the CitiFX Pulse product with corporate clients, and increasing revenue and volumes across online modules.
- Ensuring that all internal process and requirements that relate to customer acquisition and transaction processing are efficiently managed.
- Responsible for originating ideas, working closely with the relationship managers and regional product specialists to deliver value added products and services to key priority customers of the bank
- Ensure that Citi remains in the dominant position in the Rates and Currencies business in this market by leveraging on the Citi brand, product depth and professionalism, while guiding the introduction of new products to the market to add depth, breadth and future revenue streams for the business
- Formulate and implement all short and medium term strategies for the sales of structured solutions to key priority bank customers. Generate fresh trade ideas, arising out of an understanding of bank customer exposures and implement and sell products to mitigate these.
- Ensure that all derivative sales practices meet all Citi standards and comply with local regulations and guidelines, this includes suitability and appropriateness testing of derivatives customers
- Focus on the ecommerce business with a view to embedding the Citi treasury product with corporate clients, and increasing revenue and volumes across the foreign exchange and money market modules.
- Support RMs to devise and develop treasury based solutions to meet corporate clients’ needs.
- RMs/Corporate Finance for marketing structured product ideas to key customers.
- Trading Teams to place customer orders in the market
- Regional hubs for structured sales support and introduction of trade ideas in this market
- Back and middle office to ensure appropriate booking, measurement and compliance with regulations as they relate to derivatives sales
- Direct marketing of large priority customers to identify exposure and sell derivative ideas
- Liaising with customers and Corporate finance teams to embed hedge solutions in Corporate Finance Pitches
- Customers both on and offshore will rely on the sales team for market analysis, forecasts and trends
- University Undergraduate Degree
- Relevant Professional Qualification e.g. CFA, ACA, MBA etc.
- Candidate must be numeric with proven analytic skills, decisive, quick thinking and have high energy levels and drive
- Strong organizational skills and must be able to multitask
- Must be highly motivated and have a very competitive nature.
- Strong communication skills (both written & verbal)
- Strong knowledge of markets, local regulations and CBN guideline
- Strong knowledge of Citi operational processes and an understanding of market risk policy and limit monitoring
- 10 – 15 years post-graduation experience out of which 10 years must have been in the banking industry and at least 3 years must have been on an manager or equivalent grade level.
- Evidence of experience in at least three (3) major areas of banking operations.
- Advanced degree (e.g. JD, MBA) an added advantage.
Method of Application
- The above job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
- Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
- Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
Interested and qualified? Click hereto apply
Application Closing Date