Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA) is an international non-profit organization headquartered in Washington, D.C. and Brussels, Belgium with offices in 16 countries throughout Africa, Asia and Eastern Europe.
We work with businesses, foundations, governments and communities to build customized local and global partnerships that meet the world’s growing demand for food. Since our inception in 1985, we have designed and implemented enterprise-based, agricultural development initiatives to facilitate market access, enhance agribusiness competitiveness, increase productivity and improve access to inputs and credit across 45 countries worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country Representative
- CNFA is currently seeking applications from qualified candidates for a Country Representative in Nigeria to support a U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food for Progress (FFPr) project in West Africa region (Benin, Burkina Faso, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, and Nigeria) called USDA West Africa PRO-Cashew project. The project aims to improve agricultural production and expand trade of agricultural products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the Nigeria semi-annual work plans, and overall management of the project in line with USDA guidelines and within set timelines to achieve objectives;
- Provide in-depth knowledge of the country represented to the project senior management team and aid in the development of country plans and activities;
- Oversee program administration, operations and implementation to ensure technical and financial activities align with scope, budget allocations and internal policies;
- Promote the grant program and support grantees in their proposal stage and compliance once awarded;
- Lead team to provide effective coordination and guidance among academic institutions, local Government, smallholder farmers, service providers, cashew processing firms and other key stakeholders;
- Support M&E mechanisms, program monitoring tools and efficient systems to ensure high quality implementation;
- Ensure quality control and provide overall technical and management leadership; adjust activities and operations in response to technical direction;
- Write semi-annual reports, and develop success stories (at least 2 per year);
- Represent CNFA with partners and key stakeholders, at conferences, workshops, meetings, and other industry gatherings, maintain positive relationships with USDA and the US Embassy, local authorities, and the country office team;
- Identify issues and risks related to activity implementation in a timely manner;
- Review and approve financial and administrative documents to ensure compliance with internal and external contract and policy requirements;
- Oversee financial and administrative activities, including monthly cash request, approval of project procurement, approval of project expenditures, and monitoring of expenditure levels against the budget; and other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree or higher in a field related to Agriculture, Economics, or Business Administration from an accredited college or university;
- Minimum of eight (8) years of international experience and expertise in agricultural development, successfully achieving meaningful and sustainable results;
- At least seven (2) years of experience in working with counterparts at various levels of government, as well as with non-government organizations (including private sector associations/organizations) in managing international development assistance activities;
- Experience collaborating with diverse stakeholders, such as the private sector, local NGOs, government officials, donor representatives, and local and international staff;
- In-depth knowledge of USAID/USDA policies, and regulations;
- In-depth knowledge of the Cashew sector in West Africa;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead large teams and work effectively and collaboratively in team environments;
- Strong technical expertise, management skills, and a strong command of English technical writing and communication skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.