Latest job vacancies at Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI)
Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI) is a concept, born out of passion for the well-being of the vulnerable women and children in the Nigerian society, especially in the NE Nigeria with special interest in reducing suffering in the society in times of crisis. This crisis may be as a result of conflict or natural disaster. The organization is currently focusing its attention on the NE Nigeria, with special emphasis on the BAY (Borno, Adamawa and Yobe) State.
Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation Jobs and Recruitment
AUGUST 8, 2022
Administrative / Human Resources Assistant at Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI)
Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI)… Read more here
AUGUST 8, 2022
Job Title: Finance / Operations Manager | Concern… Read more here
Job Title: Finance / Operations Manager | Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation COWACDI
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Reports To: Executive Director
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the operations department.
- Ensure day-to-day accounting operations and financial management functions are performed in compliance with internal and donors’ policies and procedures.
- Ensure funds availability and verify that all procurement actions are compliant with internal and client’s financial management guidelines.
- Ensure that all accounting data is updated, reconciled, and fully backed up with supporting documents.
- Responsible for the timely processing of staff payroll, allowances, and other reimbursements.
- Monitor cash flow and regularly update budget projections tensure supply of adequate funds.
- Support the preparation of budgets, monitor, review and revise as required.
- Meet financial reporting requirements, ensuring that all financial reports are submitted on or before deadline.
- In coordination with the SMT, ensure accurate and smooth month and year-end closing and reporting within agreed schedules.
- Provide financial status of project expenses and budget information as requested.
- Ensure compliance with local laws, laws on withholding taxes and PAYE.
- Coordinate with Program Manager testablish proper controls for grants management
- Ensure and routinely test for maintenance of audit-ready
- Review and analyze financial reports, including cost allocation of shared costs, tverify financial transactions.
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations tensure all transactions are accurately stated and appropriately classified. Work with relevant staff taddress irregularities and resolve accounting issues and ensure correction of accounting entries and payroll.
- Serve as the key point person on all issues related tthe operations department. Provide proactive advice, support, and capacity building tstaff, and sub recipients tensure
- compliance with standards and proper records of financial transactions, as well as tsupport strengthening of internal control.
- Ensure financial reports are generated accurately and disseminated timely as per established reporting schedules and assist staff with financial reports analysis.
- Oversee maintenance of a good filing system of required supporting documentation tensure
- easy access and retrieval, and a reliable and easy tfollow audit trail.
- Ensure efficient management of cash flows and availability of sufficient and optimal cash in COWACDI’s operating account through monitoring cash balances (both cash-in-bank and cash-
- on-hand), preparing bank reconciliations, analyzing, and forecasting cash needs
- Maintain office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement for the growth and development of COWACDI.
- Ensure adequate tracking of organization’s asset.
- Serve as overall first point of contact for staff with technical issues.
- Responsible for the technology management within the program office and ensures all staff are set up and understand how tuse organization’s policies, assets.
- Trouble shoot technical glitches including internet, phones, printers, network etc.
- Manage and approve staff requests for procurements and supplies.
- Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Educational Qualifications & Experience Requirements
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or Accounting related courses.
- Qualification in accounting (ACA/ACCA/CPA).
- Master’s in Business Administration will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 4 years financial management and bookkeeping experience including budgeting, and forecasting, accounts payable, and accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger, and
- financial reports.
- Substantial budgeting, budget/expense analysis, and accounting experience.
- Knowledge of the relevant public donors’ regulations preferred.
- Knowledge of local law in taxation and local regulatory reporting procedures.
- Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing
- Applications. Knowledge on financial accounting package/ reporting software.
- Understands local labor law requirements, human resource and procurement/logistics management.
- Knowledge of working in the humanitarian setting.
- Ability tperform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Ability tcommunicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, in English.
- Must be able tkeep COWACDI’s matters strictly confidential.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
Key working relationships:
- All staff (Program & Operation staff)
Application Closing Date
13th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Equal Opportunity: COWACDI is an equal –opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, etc.
- Kindly ensure that you are able to work in this location when applying.