Job Title: Retail Buyer
Location: Head Office Victoria Island, Lagos
Reports To: Head of Credit Control
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports on Budgeted collection.
- Updating of monthly stock count report.
- Responsible for ensuring all activities of Accounts Receivable functions are completed in a proper and timely manner.
- Prompt allocation of Payments to Invoices in ERP System
- Responsible for all activities relating to developing, collection of age receivables, investigating credit and recommending credit limits.
- Manage client billing and collection activities; follow-up inquiries, negotiation with past-due accounts, referring critical collection issue to management.
- Handle accounts reconciliation from identifying errors by applying appropriate accounting standards.
- Verification of credit limit and confirmation of client’s order to proceed with SO creation
- Ensure all files and documents are maintained accurately and thoroughly in accordance with company policy and acceptable accounting practices.
- Responsible for ensuring policies, procedures and internal control for debtors and Accounts Receivable processes are adequately designed and implemented.
- Manage bad debt write-offs to planned goal and ensure that collection strategy has been completed on those account processed for write-off.
- Responsible for the development, modification and review of credit & collection systems, reporting methods and controls.
- Review collection reports to ascertain status of collections and balances outstanding and to evaluate effectiveness of current collection policies and procedures.
- Audit delinquent accounts considered to be uncollectable to ensure maximum efforts have been taken before assigning bad debt status to account.
- Identify changes in payment patterns and propose actions to avert indebtedness.
- Submits delinquent accounts to attorney or outside agency for collection.
- Review debtors credit worthiness position and take appropriate actions.
- Establish and updates customers’ credit activities, follow up with clients on outstanding invoices on account.
- Prepare monthly Debtor status report and yearly doubtful debt and bad debt.
- Provide ad-hoc trade debtor positions reporting as and when requested by management.
- Liaise with sales department on issues affecting clients.
Requirements / Skills
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree qualification.
- 3 – 4 years of experience in credit control.
N150,000 Gross / month.
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail.