Job Title: Credit / Loan Officer | Location: Benin City, Edo | Prosperity Microfinance Bank Nigeria Limited (PMBank)
Employment Type: Full-time
Prosperity Microfinance Bank Nigeria Limited (PMBank) is a Microfinance Bank incorporated in Nigeria with the Corporate Affairs Commission under the provisions of the Companies and Allied Matters Act CAP C20 LFN 2004, licensed to carry on the business of microfinance banking by the Central Bank of Nigeria. It is committed to the economic emancipation and empowerment of the economically active poor and low income segment of the society.
The bank has over the years supported numerous customers through the provision of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises credit facilities. Our products and services are unique and specifically designed to meet our Customers cutting across micro savings, micro loans, micro insurance, investments, capacity building and financial advisory services.
- Review loan requests
- Assess clients’ financial status
- Evaluate creditworthiness and risks
- Interviewing applicants to determine financial eligibility and feasibility of granting loans
- Contact clients to gather financial data and documentation
- Analyze risks and approve or reject loan requests
- Complete loan contracts and counsel clients on policies and restrictions
- Calculate financial ratios (e.g. credit scores and interest rates)
- Set up payment plans
- Maintain updated records of loan applications
- Follow up with clients about loan renewals
- Monitor progress of existing loans Operate in compliance with laws and regulations and adhere to lending compliance guidelines
- Develop referral networks, suggest alternate channels and cross-sell products and services to accomplish quotas
- BSc / HND in Banking and Finance, Economics or related field
- Proven work experience as a Credit Officer / Loan Officer or similar role in the banking sector especially in a microfinance bank (with a minimum of 3 years of work experience).
- Hands-on experience with lending procedures and products
- Familiarity with computers and banking applications/software or ability to create and process financial spreadsheets
- Solid understanding of direct/indirect lending products and practices
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer satisfaction orientation and sales competencies
- Ability to work in a goal oriented environment
- Strong analytical skills
Application Closing Date
20th April, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] and cc. [email protected] and [email protected] using the “Job title” as subject of the email.