Credo is a Payment Gateway Solution that focuses on delivering convenience to customers.
Credo Recruitment and Jobs in Nigeria
January 30, 2023
AUGUST 3, 2022
Job Title: Senior Product Manager | Credo Location: LagosEmployment… Read more here
AUGUST 3, 2022
Credo Job Title: Social Content Creator Location: LagosEmployment Type:… Read more here
AUGUST 3, 2022
Job Title: Business Development Manager Credo Location: LagosEmployment Type:… Read more here
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Business Development Manager will support the rapid growth of our B2B efforts.
- We are looking for a real hunter who loves to close accounts and open avenues.
- The role requires a team player with strong interpersonal, networking and ‘hunter’ sales skills.
- The ability to handle multiple complex initiatives and opportunities in a fast-paced environment is essential.
- The team’s mission is to develop strategic relationships with banks, specialty finance companies, FinTech specialties, and MSMEs.
- S/he should have a vast knowledge and experience of the Payments including card and local network schemes, alternative and cross-border payments and payouts networks.
- This individual will work across multi-disciplinary teams (Projects, Marketing, Sales, Design, Regulatory, and Business) to ideate, build and launch business development initiatives for and existing products.
- Importantly, s/he will be responsible for managing all aspects of the merchant acquisition and retention process from: prospecting to lead generation to onboard to internal setup, client management and revenue generation.
- A successful candidate will be one who thrives on a results-oriented approach to work, is comfortable with target-oriented challenges, and builds business partnerships and relationships from the ground up.
- You will be supported by other Sales Managers in creating the business development strategies, and roadmaps that suit our product portfolio.
- You are a thoughtful and experienced people leader who derives satisfaction from helping your team grow and develop.
- You will yearn for and have an in-depth understanding of the markets we play in and explore where we should play.
- To succeed in this role, you should be a perceptive and creative leader, as well as a reliable problem-solver with good business and technical judgement.
- You must be creative to imagine, direct and craft, highly detail-oriented, have a knack for knowing what ideas will and won’t work, and ability to see minute details that others often miss.
- This is a highly impactful role where you have an opportunity to change the way the world plays in payments and the overall Fintech industry.
- Drive growth opportunities for Credo through proactive, outbound business development activities through all available communication means
- Define, develop and implement the product vision and strategy. Collaborate with stakeholders during the visioning and concept development of a product.
- Provide viable and scalable business analysis/insights grounded in research and data to drive product improvement recommendations, foster strategic partnerships, get ahead of the competition and exploit market opportunities.
- Expertise in building business cases around market opportunities and partnerships – including strategy development, market segmentation, competitive analysis, and financial analysis.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the merchant acquisition and retention process from: prospecting, to lead generation/, onboarding, internal setup, client management and revenue generation.
- Increase client base by enhancing and coordinating business development opportunities across multiple sectors, based on identified business goals.
- Identify, prioritize, and track financial and business metrics such as revenue targets, volume and value targets, onboarding targets and income targets.
- Responsible for building and optimizing a high-performing sales team by providing leadership, mentorship, skills development, and product knowledge development.
- Close sales through relevant management tactics including networking, physical and virtual meetings, location canvassing, sales pitches, proposals, and negotiations.
- Drive conversations, establish, and develop relationships with decision-makers at high target companies through a variety of channels
- Maintain quality relationships with key stakeholders, business partners and prospects, while personally ensuring customer satisfaction at all touch points.
- This includes: transaction monitoring, product upsell and cross-sell, loyalty-building initiatives and forging relevant partnerships.
- Develop a deep understanding of the payments industry and build relationships with key players in the space.
Requirements & Qualifications
What you will bring:
- B.Sc / BA in Business Administration or any relevant field; MSc/MA is a plus
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in Business Development or relevant roles, in a sales-driven organization, with at least 3 years leading teams to reach identified KPIs.
- Strong business background, analytical, problem solving, and quantitative skills with a data-driven approach to decision-making.
- Strong project management and time management skills. Ability to lead projects and work with teams across many geographies
- Documented success managing a full sales cycle and direct responsibility for managing key business accounts.
- An upbeat and collaborative standout colleague who feeds off of goal setting and achievement.
- Ability to thrive under pressure and function effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, comfortable presenting to other executives and the CEO
Who You Are:
- You’re a leader. You engage and empower winning teams that succeed.
- You’re curious. Intellectually curious to constantly be learning and keeping on trend with the latest developments in prospecting.
- Curious about development and proactively seeking areas to increase performance. Curious in our customers, what makes Credo unique and how can we demonstrate our value proposition
- Entrepreneurial. This role requires the ability to document and build processes while you are selling Credo’s products and services. You love building at the earliest stages. You enjoy actively contributing to the development of the sales process, the articulation of the value proposition, and the creation of key tools and assets.
- Customer Focus. You care deeply about understanding your customer’s business strategy. You are capable of initiating and engaging in strategic conversations at multiple levels of the organization.
- Track Record of Success. You thrive in competitive situations with a well-established history of exceeding customer acquisition and revenue quotas. You have or can quickly build a relationship with operators in the Fintech, eCommerce and Social Network industries.
Application Closing Date
10th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.