Cubic-M Eye Clinic – We are highly skilled specialists that supports you with everything from common eye problems to complex ophthalmic issues.
Job Recruitment at Cubic-M Eye Clinic Nigeria
December 30, 2022
Cubic-M Eye ClinicJob Title: Optometrist Location: AbujaEmployment Type: Full-time Job Summary This role is responsible for examining patient’s eyes to diagnose vision problems and eye diseases and test patients’ visual acuity,… Read more here
Job Title: Optometrist
Employment Type: Full-time
- This role is responsible for examining patient’s eyes to diagnose vision problems and eye diseases and test patients’ visual acuity, depth and color perception, and ability to focus and coordinate the eyes.
- The optometrist prescribes eyeglasses and contact lenses and provide vision therapy and low-vision rehabilitation.
Your duties shall include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide basic optometric examinations to diagnose eye diseases or infections such as glaucoma, colour blindness, etc.
- Perform eye examinations for new and established paediatric or adult patients as well as follow-up exam for established medical patients in the ophthalmology practice.
- Analyze test results and develop treatment plans.
- Prescribe and supply corrective lenses and other visual aid.
- Prescribe ophthalmic medication to treat eye diseases or infections within the scope of practice.
- Provide preoperative and postoperative care to patients undergoing eye surgeries, such as cataract patients, as well as to patients who have had laser vision correction or other eye surgery.
- Appropriately refer patients to ophthalmologists as indicated by the patients’ needs for care.
- Educate and counsel patients on contact lens care, visual hygiene, lighting arrangements and safety factors.
- Offer advice and reassurance about vision-related matters to patients.
- Offer help and advice to patients choosing frames and lenses.
- Provide advice on therapeutic procedures to correct or conserve vision.
- Minimum academic qualification of Doctor of Optometry (OD)
- Must have a valid practicing License
- Minimum of 1 year experience in Optometry is required.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft office package.
- Outstanding communication (oral and written), interpersonal and people management skills.
- Possess high degree of accuracy and attention to details.
- High level of problem solving and critical thinking skills.
Salary in line with industry standard.
Application Closing Date
24th February, 2023.